VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Tour Band
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:28 pm 

Don't forget there was a percussionist on the Avalon and the 2001 reunion tours.

There have been multiple guitarists, sax players, keyboardists and vocalists on every tour since 2001

Smudge wrote:
Interesting that Chris Spedding is not part of the band - it appears that Tom V is taking his place...

Also interesting that a backup drummer to TGPT is in the band

Yes, I don't know why Spedding isn't "on the team" this time, but a friend of his confirmed to me that he isn't. Hopefully he'll be back in the future, as he has done at least one private show with BF since the Roxy tour was announced.

I've heard that "Tugg" may be billed as a percussionist, rather than as a drummer (although maybe the promoters like to feel reassured that all eventualities would be covered if Andy, Phil or TGPT fell ill on tour!).

The rumour mill suggests that we'll be seeing Neil Jason and Fonzi as well, but I haven't seen any official confirmation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:29 pm 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
I have the tour band information but can't announce it yet.

The names mentioned on this thread that have come from their social media or that are mentioned in interviews are the full band with the exception of two new backing singers that have never toured with Bryan or Roxy before.

I will update the tour page section as soon everything is 100% confirmed and OK to do so

Thanks John

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:35 pm 

Richard wrote:
Jerry Nunn wrote:
Jorja Chalmers is in I think.

Yup

Don't forget that Andy suffers from Dupuytren's Contracture which forced him to cancel some gigs a little while ago. It may be that he's unable to play the larger saxes now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:48 am 

https://www.facebook.com/10000233355840 ... Dx5Jl/?d=n

A delight to see TGPT again and seemingly in fine form.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:08 pm 

Sorry if I’ve missed it, but is there a definitive list of band members?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:19 am 

Did Gary Tibbs ever get that call? haha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:57 am 
Site Owner

http://vivaroxymusic.com/tours_49.php

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:52 pm 

Thx for the lineup JOB. No strings? Was hoping for L.Wilkens, and still surprised that Sped is not there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:30 pm 

Who knows (about Sped)? Perhaps at 78 years of age (2 years older than BF) it may be that he didn't want to do a tour, felt he wasn't able to do it and maybe just wasn't asked. Hopefully Phil will have had some input into who is to play second guitar. I think he gets on well with Sped judging by some of his comments, particularly around the time of the 2001 tour. Not sure if Tom and Phil have played together before, but I hope that Tom is used very much as the second guitarist and knows/respects his place. On the Avalon tour sometimes it felt as if Phil was number two to Neil Hubbard (no disrespect to him, I'm told that he's a nice guy) and then we had the crazy situation at the IOW festival where three guitarists were on stage :o

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:23 pm 

Roger wrote:
Who knows (about Sped)? Perhaps at 78 years of age (2 years older than BF) it may be that he didn't want to do a tour, felt he wasn't able to do it and maybe just wasn't asked. Hopefully Phil will have had some input into who is to play second guitar. I think he gets on well with Sped judging by some of his comments, particularly around the time of the 2001 tour. Not sure if Tom and Phil have played together before, but I hope that Tom is used very much as the second guitarist and knows/respects his place. On the Avalon tour sometimes it felt as if Phil was number two to Neil Hubbard (no disrespect to him, I'm told that he's a nice guy) and then we had the crazy situation at the IOW festival where three guitarists were on stage :o

There was also three on the 2006 tour but Leo Abrahams was very much a sound guy - he mimicked the violin solo on OOTB very well