VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tour Band
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:38 pm 

Hi All

Has anyone got any confirmation of the tour band members?

Thanks

Richard

Post subject: Re: Tour Band
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:07 pm 

Jorja Chalmers is in I think.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:09 pm 

Jerry Nunn wrote:
Jorja Chalmers is in I think.

Yup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:50 pm 

Amdy
Phil
TGPT plus
Jorja
Tom Vanstiphout
Nathan Curran AKA "Tugg"
who have all confirmed on their social media that they are on the tour......so far.

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:01 pm 

Interesting that Chris Spedding is not part of the band - it appears that Tom V is taking his place...

Also interesting that a backup drummer to TGPT is in the band

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:08 am 

Interesting that Chris Spedding is not part of the band - it appears that Tom V is taking his place...

Also interesting that a backup drummer to TGPT is in the band

Yes, I don't know why Spedding isn't "on the team" this time, but a friend of his confirmed to me that he isn't. Hopefully he'll be back in the future, as he has done at least one private show with BF since the Roxy tour was announced.

I've heard that "Tugg" may be billed as a percussionist, rather than as a drummer (although maybe the promoters like to feel reassured that all eventualities would be covered if Andy, Phil or TGPT fell ill on tour!).

The rumour mill suggests that we'll be seeing Neil Jason and Fonzi as well, but I haven't seen any official confirmation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:00 pm 

The CS website's "Gigs" link doesn't have anything for 2022 - not even the War of the World gigs he usually does... It's not as though the Roxy 2022 Tour as announced is particularly lengthy so it's hard to say exactly why he's excluded. I hope he's OK...

Regarding Tugg as a percussionist, I think it's a gentle way to make sure that a drummer is on hand for every gig no matter what (like Jorja can fill in for Andy if need be). TGPT left Lindisfarne and I'm not sure the last time it was that he played a live set. He didn't play at the RRHOF induction of Roxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:04 pm 
Site Owner

I have the tour band information but can't announce it yet.

The names mentioned on this thread that have come from their social media or that are mentioned in interviews are the full band with the exception of keyboards/MD two new backing singers that have never toured with Bryan or Roxy before.

I will update the tour page section as soon everything is 100% confirmed and OK to do so

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:51 pm 

Unfortunately things can happen on tour which are very sad. Taylor Hawkins and Charlie Watts spring to mind, and let's not forget the late, great Mick Green. So for an overseas tour it makes sense to have someone who can step in at short notice. Perhaps that is why Sped hasn't been mentioned, because he might need a back up too. Also no mention of Neil Hubbard at all in the music circles down here. Another possibilty may be that the second drummer could play some of the Avalon/F&B songs? There's a commercial angle as well to this tour of course and no gigs due to illness means no revenue. I heard second hand that the US tour may be linked to Roxy's appearance and induction into the R&R Hall of Fame, and that may account for the lack of European gigs (please don't blame brexit!!!). Anyway should be interesting to see who is in when the announcement is made!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:52 am 

Bonjour, mes amis!

Of course Jorja will be on stage. After our hero, she is probably the most important member of the band.
It's a pity that Colin Good will be absent. After him, a true band leader, all the keybord players have been obscure and anonymous. And Marina Moore will be missed.
Anyway, this event is unique. let's enjoy it!