VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BBC2 Saturday
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:39 pm 

Saturday night for viewers in the UK from 9.30 on it’s Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry night. 3 hours or so

Post subject: Re: BBC2 Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:20 am 
Site Owner

BBC2 schedule for Saturday.

J.O'B.

https://www.ontvtonight.com/uk/guide/li ... 2022-09-03

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:52 am 

It’s about time they did this Roxy at the BBC show- it’s the new piece tonight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:34 am 

Highly entertaining three hours or so. I was previously unaware of the final programme, despite it dating back to 2018. Of course there were the usual errors in the two programmes that bookended the schedule but what can you do? They were more than compensated for by the enthusiasm and fondness for the band.

Despite dipping briefly into BF's mid 70s solo work, I just can't understand why the final programme closed on 'The In Crowd' from 2007's BBC One Sessions concert. Upto that point it had been going through the Roxy catalogue chronologically. Seemed like something of a gaffe to me.

Long overdue and hopefully it will have renewed some interest. A quick look on the i-Tunes album chart has The Best Of RM at 12, Street Life at 15, The UC at 31, Avalon 77, Dylanesque 157, B&G 164, and FYP 198.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:15 am 

Truly dire IMHO. I usually love this ‘…at the BBC’ series but this was the most embarrassing collection of RM/ BF performances I’ve ever seen cobbled together (inc infantile captions that I can’t recall being included in other episodes from the series).

Oh well, at least it made the repeat of the heavily criticised talking heads/ Gogglebox-style doc that followed appear marvellous (honourable mention to Sian Pattenden who really gets RM/ BF) and I also got to reappraise BF’s 2007 St. Lukes performance as one of his coolest 21st century moments (along with his recent Love Letters EP, which I’m loving more and more with every listen).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:33 pm 

I thought it was ok, it included what I expected - Whistle Test,Totp, the 2001 TOTP2 Special, Later, The proms, Glastonbury., plus a few surprises , not seen the Twiggy , Cilla Black excerpts for a while, and the Danny Baker show , never. It was an effective performance of Jealous Guy
His 80’s interviews were frosty, and he’s better now at doing those.

My problem is, right now and not related to these shows,but the promotion for Roxy 50, when there were only 10 -12 years of Roxy Music. It’s Ferry who has given 50 years , you can see it hear on the screen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:14 pm 

I thought it was pretty good actually, the only new programme (of the 3) had the Twiggy duet which I’d never seen before and it was great to see All I Want Is You getting an airing on mainstream TV. Phil and John Wetton seemed to be having a good time, chuckling away.