VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: I have hope again - Washington DC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:17 am 

Hipsters,
A balanced review from WaPo.
It is such a shame that they have elected to play these cavernous venues. Failing to sell out and then practically having to give tickets away won’t be good for anybody’s morale. Even if it is the promoter who takes the hit.
How much better it would have been if they had played quality medium sized theatres. W2 would have walked to Brighton to see them play ‘The Dome’. Our hero played his AEWBF there and what a fandango that was. Halcyon days !
De toute falcon, we are where we are and despite ‘The Bard Of The Boudoir’ correctly declaring London’s awful O2 to be on the wrong side of intimacy, W2 feels sure that Roxologists making the pilgrimage will have ‘A Really Good Time’.
In fact, if our hero can find time to slip ‘2HB’, ‘Mother Of Pearl’ and ‘A Song For Europe” into the set list W2 might be able to forget the venue and dream that he was back in Redcar Jazz Club.
Salutations a tous et bon fandango,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:14 am 

Based on a handful of You Tube recordings, which are never the best indicator of how it sounded actually inside the venue, there does seem to have been a noticeable improvement between Toronto and Washington. Not surprising that the first night seemed a little rusty after such a lengthy absence.

Like others I cannot understand why certain songs (More Than This and If There Is Something) are shortened. If it is to help preserve the Ferry voice then surely some of the talented musicians onstage could continue the music without any vocals being required?

I still hope that later shows will see at least a handful of set list changes but if it happens it will be a wonderful surprise. I hope and pray (but not too much).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:54 am 

True2Life wrote:
Based on a handful of You Tube recordings, which are never the best indicator of how it sounded actually inside the venue, there does seem to have been a noticeable improvement between Toronto and Washington. Not surprising that the first night seemed a little rusty after such a lengthy absence.

Like others I cannot understand why certain songs (More Than This and If There Is Something) are shortened. If it is to help preserve the Ferry voice then surely some of the talented musicians onstage could continue the music without any vocals being required?

I still hope that later shows will see at least a handful of set list changes but if it happens it will be a wonderful surprise. I hope and pray (but not too much).

ITIS is not shortened - its over seven minutes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:56 am 

Set List with timings, keys and tempos

Attachments:
File comment: Set List with timings and tempos
FCAADAF0-FB8A-4F44-9579-C422D708273F.jpeg
FCAADAF0-FB8A-4F44-9579-C422D708273F.jpeg [ 154.36 KiB | Viewed 4408 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:41 pm 

Richard wrote:
True2Life wrote:

ITIS is not shortened - its over seven minutes

That's good to know - I was quoting Roger who was under the impression that it was.

[quote="Roger"]But a full length version of Oh Yeah and a short version of If There is Something???

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:34 pm 

My mistake - sorry! I was looking at a clip of ITIS.

The set list is very interesting if for nothing more than the information about keys and tempos.