VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Phila Show
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:29 pm 

Last nights show in phila was at the 5000 seat Mann Center. Capacity for another 9k outside of main area. The seated portion of venue was full and how many others on the lawn is anyone’s guess. As someone who discovered the band in the 70’s I approached show with a bit of nostalgia and lowered expectations given some recent reviews and age of our heroes. I first saw them live in 76 and again in early 2000’s. Both of those shows were amazing. Last nights show did not disappoint. It’s easy to squabble about set list and lack of more selections from Country Life, Stranded and Siren but the crowd didn’t seem to mind emphasis on Avalon and Flesh and Blood material.
Set list same as other shows to date with on change in running order. Ladytron was moved to later in the set which helped break up the run of songs from the 80’s. General observations: Ferry is fine voice for a 77 year old crooner. I have seen most of his solo tours over last decade and his voice was as good and even better than some of those shows. TGPT was great. Not sure why they added the musical director/additional percussionist. His playing on Ladytron was a highlight. Andy MacKay played well and the support from Jorja filled in around the edges. Phil stole the show. He showed what a fabulous guitar player his is and really got into the older material which highlighted his playing. I was surprised however how many guitar leads were deferred to the other guitarist on stage. As others have said they really seemed to be enjoying themselves and it was so great to see the four originals on stage doing what they do……making music like no other band.