VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: What Next?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:24 pm 

[quote="Oberon"]Cher cpl5938,
……. As for a potentiel, future tour, yes, smaller venues, his own band, some jazz numbers. Surely there are some true BF lovers in America, but I´m afraid that the broad audience there would prefer to hear Old Reg hammering out Bennie and the Jets than a thoughtful jazz version version of Boys & Girls by our hero.[quote]

Hipsters,
Hilarious point about ‘Old Reg’.
That said, to the best of my knowledge BF always sells out wether in Europe or the good old US of A.
Going forward will surely depend on our hero’s health and his desire.
As a pure artist, W2 is sure the desire will always be there.
With regards to his health, BF appears to have found the elixir of youth but surely he must want to pace himself.
A residency would be a great solution.- W2 prays to the Penshaw Gods that AEWBF be reprised annually at Ronnie Scott’s .
Salutations a tous meme Bennie et Le jets.
W2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:42 pm 

My wish list for next year is:

1) A DVD/CD release of the 50th Anniversary Tour
2) FYP Deluxe Edition
3) Love Letters full album from Bryan
4) European tour for Roxy including Glastonbury (failing that then a solo BF tour in promotion of Love Letters.)

In regards to the Taxi vinyl release I’ve read at a few places now that it was intended as a release for Record Store Day Black Friday in the US - so probably made sense to release it here too.
Might make sense the obscure choice of album given that the RM back catalogue has had a vinyl release along with Bryan’s early solo output.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:41 am 

Following their successful (mini) tour, I'd like to see the band and its members hit the ground running for once and swiftly release a DVD of the tour and a 50th anniversary deluxe edition of FYP. I suppose commemorating the 50th birthday of your first No.1 album is a bit too much to expect (crikey - newer acts are bringing out special editions to mark the 10th anniversary of their work!) but if they could see their way to achieving it...

Elsewhere it would be good to hear the fruits of Bryan's lockdown recordings sooner rather than later. If BF could manage some live work too, that would be brilliant. As W2 alludes to, the restlessness of artists is something those of us engaged in the '9 to 5' should be grateful for. Everyone deserves a long and healthy retirement. Their restless abdication of one is definitely our gain.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:35 am 

Scott wrote:
My wish list for next year is:

1) A DVD/CD release of the 50th Anniversary Tour
2) FYP Deluxe Edition
3) Love Letters full album from Bryan
4) European tour for Roxy including Glastonbury (failing that then a solo BF tour in promotion of Love Letters.)

Entirely agree with all 4 Scott. Especially 2, which is long overdue. If it it is going to be done then surely there's no better time than now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:40 pm 

This pretty grim assessment has been "copy & pasted" from the Super Deluxe Edition's website and its forecast of forthcoming releases:

In the five years since Roxy Music’s 1972 debut was reissued we’ve had no further activity in terms of expanded studio albums. This year actually marks the 50th anniversaries of both For Your Pleasure and Stranded but as far as SDE can tell there’s been little progress and it’s neither is looking likely.

I'd hope it is unnecessarily pessimistic, as the deluxe FYP has allegedly been nearing the launch pad for handful of years and should hopefully only require the finishing touches.

I've never heard any suggestion of a deluxe Stranded; no BBC sessions after FYP and maybe limited out-takes or none at all... I guess the full Liverpool '73 show could be added (likewise Newcastle '74 and Wembley '75 to potential deluxe reissues of Country Life and Siren respectively), unless there might be a deluxe Viva! at some point featuring all those gigs plus the long awaited Wembley DVD.

Time will tell, I guess, but it would be a crying shame if FYP's golden jubilee passed by unmarked...