VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What Next?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:27 pm 

After the tour, this is now my Roxy wish list:
1 A DVD of the 50th Anniversary tour ASAP.
2 The same for the 2011 tour.
3 A DVD of the 1975 Siren gig at Wembley Empire Pool.
4 Some UK festival dates next year.
5 Perhaps a European tour next year?
I'm not hopeful about any new material. Bands just don't write and record like Roxy did in the 70s. I just feel that too many opportunities have been missed in the past :(

Post subject: Re: What Next?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:54 pm 

My wish list.
1. DVD/Blu-ray of 50th Anniversary tour.
2. FYP Super Deluxe Edition with a DVD and/or Blu-ray containing a 5.1 mix, an Atmos mix and any TV appearance or Live extras, as well as the book,etc.
3. DVD/Blu-ray of 2011 tour--Not likely at this point.
4. Expanded Viva! - Also unlikely.
5. The completion and release of the infamous 9th RM album-Not expecting it, but hey, they do surprise us every now and then.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:40 pm 

Pianoman's wish list:

1. For Your Pleasure Special Edition (including outtakes etc.)
2. Roxy tour 2022 blu ray
3. Roxy Number 9 (very unlikely that this will happen ...)
4. Album with outtakes of the Roxy Music recording period (incl. a few of the better tracks of the No. 9 album)
5. Roxy tour 2011 blu ray

Just dreaming :D 8-) :o :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:59 pm 

Mes Amis,
Although W2 thinks our heroes fandangoed magnificently in London, he has absolutely no desire to see them in stadiums going forward.
It is just not their scene and frankly W2 doesn’t care how financially lucrative they are - the fans deserve better.
With that in mind, if there are to be more RM shows, he would implore that they take place in quality, medium size venues with great acoustics.
Outside of that, he would prefer that BF gets his band together and hit the road with a ‘Love Letters’ tour. There is a fabulous play list to be constructed from recent works - much of which has never, or seldom played live
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:19 pm 

Bon soir, mes amis!

It was great to see RM at O2. I love to visit London. Hyde park is a favourite place. Still, looking back, the concert was good when it came to performance, but the venue is hideous for music and from the seats we had I barely got a sight of our hero. Next to us were an Italian/Dutch couple who were so nice and really connaisseurs of BF;s music, cheers to them if they read this!
The other day when I was at Athens airport they played "Love letters" in the arrival hall. I hope that is a good sign of what is to come next.
Salutations à tous!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:11 pm 

The UK-only competition for the signed copies of the Best of Roxy Music asking people if they want to subscribe to an RM mailing list is either a way of shifting unsold merchandise or a hint that there is something coming down the high road.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:25 am 

While it is always fun to dream, the only thing a mailing list implies to me is more merchandise being offered. The obscure Taxi on Yellow Vinyl is a example of just trying to squeeze every last $ out of long ago offerings. For those who think it is not about the money...At this stage in a career,It's always about the money. Thus the private party gigs BF has done. The attempt at selling Hockey stadiums for the 50th etc.
My expectations for future appearances is the UK may get another Roxy festival date or two, for us in the U.S. perhaps a Ferry solo tour rehashing the hits with a few Love letters mixed in. I would think Ticket sales would be challenging and a return to much smaller venues would be a must. I would Think Twice before going, he is a huge influence on my life, just not sure I need to see Love Drug, More Than This, Avalon, JG, etc. anymore. An offering of no kidding deep solo cuts at a small acoustic built venue, you bet, just not enough ticket interest in that type of setlist.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:35 am 

Cher cpl5938,
Good to hear that BF;s music has meant o lot to you. About Taxi, though, I don´agree with your cynical approach at all. First of all it´s a great record. I put a spell on you is my all time favourite cover by BF. Of course money is a factor, but how can it not be in this world. Perhaps a reissue will catch attention of some new listeners. In additon to that, I simply love coloured vinyls, they give me a kind of childish delight. It´s also something like seeing your old wife in a new, beautiful dress - it helps!
As for a potentiel, future tour, yes, smaller venues, his own band, some jazz numbers. Surely there are some true BF lovers in America, but I´m afraid that the broad audience there would prefer to hear Old Reg hammering out Bennie and the Jets than a thoughtful jazz version version of Boys & Girls by our hero.
Bonne journée à tous!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:18 pm 

Was not suggesting Taxi is not a good album, I too enjoy much of it. Was simply using that as a example of rechurning the catalog in an attempt tp squeeze out more $. Reissuing a album that is 30 years old simply in a different color to me is a prime example of that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:24 pm 

cpl5938 wrote:
My expectations for future appearances is the UK may get another Roxy festival date or two, for us in the U.S. perhaps a Ferry solo tour rehashing the hits with a few Love letters mixed in. I would think Ticket sales would be challenging and a return to much smaller venues would be a must. I would Think Twice before going, he is a huge influence on my life, just not sure I need to see Love Drug, More Than This, Avalon, JG, etc. anymore. An offering of no kidding deep solo cuts at a small acoustic built venue, you bet, just not enough ticket interest in that type of setlist.

Interesting topic, cpl5938. I couldn't enjoy Roxy in UK because of the high costs. If the Roxy Farewell Show makes a stop in Germany next year, preferably in Munich, I think I would be there. But the prices are very high regarding the economic conditions in Europe. BTW: Peter Gabriel wants more than 200€ for MUC, Kiss only 100€.

I've seen Bryan and his (instrumentally perfect backing bands) 2015/17/18 (2021 it was cancelled due to the pandemic). I think I don't have to see another Roxy cover band - with or without Love Letters. Roxy would be the only momentum to spend money for such expensive tickets.

And, BTW, I'm not into vinyl, so they can bring out LPs in lilac or lime - sorry, that does not interest me. Only albums with outtakes, special editions etc. (no remixes !!) can raise my interest again.

Have a nice Sunday evening,
- Peter -