VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Best Roxy gig ever
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:08 am 

There came a point in the show when the played Dance Away, Jealous Guy, Editions Of You etc and I thought 'that's us into the usual end of show 5-6 numbers when suddenly If There Is Something & More Than This 2 songs I never thought I would hear live again and that just made me wonder for the rest of the show what was coming next.

farscape dvd
felicity dvd
Frasier dvd
friends dvd
La Femme Nikita dvd
lost dvd
Ghost Whisperer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 am 

I think the answer for most of is, "The show I attended."

For me, the best RM performance was their Pasadena Civic show, on April 21, 1979. It was one of the few occasions were Paul was given priority on the soundboard, and the drums (and bass) shone through like I wish they would have at every RM show. By far the best versions of "In Every Dream Home", "Editions of You" and several other songs I've ever heard.

This performance was bootlegged and released as an LP, "Warped Leatherezz". A digitized version of the vinyl is floating around the internet, but its audio quality is terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:39 pm 

i agree Frank D..i have Warped Leatherzz on vinyl..great show..Phil really rips it up on Still falls the Rain..i like this band lineup almost as much as the original lineup..Gary Tibbs and PT really worked well together

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:13 pm 

My 1st was at The Red Lion pub in Leytonstone July '72, quite a lairy gig in East London where they were nearly chased off stage ('cause they were poofs wearing make up - local plebs!)
I was hooked and have seen them on every tour in London since.
Favourite gig was Rainbow Nov '73 (all 3 nights Palm trees, and full 40 welsh male choir for Psalm had a drink with em before show in pub opposite) Brilliant!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:52 pm 

Difficult to say... I enjoyed all of them, actually! Missed those early years though, met them the first time in 1980. Never missed a performance in Belgium ever since. Two years ago (or 3? time goes fast indeed) I was spoiled with 3 visits in 1 year.... after that it became silent... Maybe this year???
I think I prefer the latest concerts most, as Bryan seems much more happy and relaxed than he used to do 10 years earlier. Always supergood atmosphere, and when I was younger I was always quite depressed when it was finally over, which is no longer the case. So...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:52 pm 

Mine was London Wembley 2001
My first Roxy gig :couldn't believe my ears and eyes :o :shock: