VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Tour
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:43 pm 

I love Country Life and would be more than happy with stuff off the album.

The original Casanova would be a real plus - I don't think they've ever done it the origional way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:24 pm 

My impression is that Country Life is THE ALBUM for very, very many listeners. It`s varied. It contains as much as 10 songs. You could call it "balanced". Contrary to FYP, it doesn`t leave a feeling of unfinished business. The melodies are quite strong with not too much arty farty, yet you can immediately hear it`s Roxy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:56 pm 

I hope the recorders are ready for all of us you can go to the shows !!! It would be great is if Roxy recorded a video of a complete show , but usually I find audience recordings, more exciting ( if the recording is a great one ) !!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:28 am 

Jerry Nunn wrote:
I have said before that the Avalon stuff should be dropped. If the whole set came from the first 4 albums i would be overjoyed. Apart from OOTB Country Life has been virtually ignored is post 1970's tours. Prairie Rose, All I Want Is You and If It Takes All Night would bring the house down IMHO. Throw in Would You Believe from the 1st album and i will go home a very happy man. Thoughts???

I agree with you there Jerry, Dance Away was the point in my opinion where Roxy became a completely different band..they should have re-named there and then..they could have done 2 different tours now...lol...I will be there in Manchester on Sunday though, nothing will stop me, I cant wait, just fingers crossed Avalon and the similar derge will be kept to a minimum..If you are reading this Bryan I request Song for Europe, In every Dream Home,Pyjamarma,Streetlife...oh just all of them..before Avalon that is !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:32 am 

virginia plain wrote:
"I request Song for Europe, In every Dream Home,Pyjamarma,Streetlife..."

-Pompous production rock for post hippies...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:58 pm 

le freak wrote:
virginia plain wrote:
"I request Song for Europe, In every Dream Home,Pyjamarma,Streetlife..."

-Pompous production rock for post hippies...

Your entitled to your opinion.....however 'post hippy' I am not...however I am intreagued to know why you are on this site if 'Roxy Music' is not your thing...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:21 pm 

- Loving late Roxy...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:05 pm 

..which explains your name...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:17 pm 

Come on. There's no need for this kinda stuff. We all have our likes and dislikes. I don't come on this site to hero worship. Hopefully, we can all add our views and open up each others's minds. Personally, I think Roxy are only doing this tour for the money generated by cd and merchandise sales which is fair enough. I don't expect them to do it for free. I just wish they would try a bit harder.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:49 pm 

"Dance Away was the point in my opinion where Roxy became a completely different band..they should have re-named there and then..they could have done 2 different tours "

I agree. Trash was the first single from Manifesto and it failed. The success of Dance Away and the re-recorded version of Angel Eyes changed everything. Numerous session musicians came in, American drummers, backing vocalists and the rest is history.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next