VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The Tour
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:27 am 

Thanks again for thinking of us JO'B, the live stream was the biggest hit of the night!

Thanks for the link Ian.. so it looks as though the fab four had their own input into song selection. When the euphoria of last night dies down, we'll have to try and work out who chose what...?!

Ferry: Like a Hurricane/ 2HB
Manzo: Amazona
Mackay: Sentimental Fool
TGPT: Pyjamarama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:16 pm 

I thought it was a great set, full of suprises and no boring stuff. Most bands split the set into 3 parts, singles, album tracks and stuff from the new album. We got 7 singles, plus Editions and Strand which I sort of count as singles as they are part of Roxy's Big Guns. and the remainder were album tracks. All sounds good to me. Hopefully the more obscure songs may encourage the casual fan to listen to all the albums and not just the Greatest Hits cds which don't really reflect how fantastic Roxy were at their best.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:25 pm 

I always got the impression that Phil and Andy were normally given 2 or 3 of their own songs to choose from which is why we kept getting Out of the Blue, Song For Europe and Tara. At a guess I would say that Andy chose Sentimental Fool, Tara and Bitterweet, Phil chose Amazona and Prairie Rose and Bryan chose the rest. I quite like Like a Hurricane. It has a Roxy feel about it and in addition, Paul , Phil and Andy get a chance to shine,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 pm 

Anyone who was there......How did Bryan hit the stage ? Did he come on doing the sideways crab walk for The Main Thing as he did in 1982 ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:37 pm 

Ian S wrote:
Anyone who was there......How did Bryan hit the stage ? Did he come on doing the sideways crab walk for The Main Thing as he did in 1982 ?

Not that I noticed but I was quite far back!

For me it was a great night with a fantastic cross section of songs. Would have liked Out of the Blue but apart from that loved it!

I also loved the montage of stills from the album cover photo shoots as well (can't remember whihc song that was in) - they were obviously from the sessions to produce the album covers but different poses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 pm 

Did they have a support act in Glasgow last night? If so who was it and what time did they (the support) come on?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:13 am 

Great show from the band, personally I would have loved In Every Dream Home and Mother of Pearl too but I guess that was the trade off for Praire Rose and Same old Scene...

....and to make matters even better I met the two dancers last night in Buff Club in Glasgow. They spotted my 'Country Life' style T shirt and we posed for a few (albeit grainy because the Iphone doesnt have a flash) pictures. They were totally charming and, ahem yes it was for my pleasure!

If I can work out how to I will post a picture!

Hail hail, Roxy!
CG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:20 am 

....and to make matters even better I met the two dancers last night in Buff Club in Glasgow.

Lucky you! Did they mention anything about working with Roxy or the Glasgow show/crowd?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:35 am 

I would love to say they said Roxy were the greatest band they've ever worked with, Ferry, Manzanera, McKay, Eno and 'The Great' Paul Thompson are going back into the studio to do a new Roxy album and they're touring again soon............

....unfortuntately I was very drunk at the time!

I can confirm though they were both beautiful and very nice girls!

CG

Post subject: : The Tour
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 am 

On top of all the exciting early Roxy tracks added to the set list, lets not forget "Like a Hurricane", which is a great cover by them, wistful, forceful with superb backing vocals.