VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Newcastle Show
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:17 pm 

How was the crowd at Newcastle? On their feet, out of their seats from the off? If not when did they head down the front?

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:06 pm 

Great set list. It is a shame that There is no More Than this or Out Of The Blue or my favourite Roxy song which is Laytron are not on the set list. I am very pleased to see that one of my favourite Roxy songs 2HB is on that set list. It will be my second time seeing Roxy Music when I see them in London in a few weeks time. The first time was When I was backpacking around Australia in 2001 and I sea them in Briabane.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:08 pm 

I just watched the youtube clip of Prairie Rose and it has good visuals and very good audio. Andy sure turned in a fine sax solo!

And there is Tara next to TGPT doing the double-drumming thing just like he did with AndyN on BF's recent performance on Jools/Later. Very interesting. A great way to get some "on the job" training that's fersure.... I wonder what the discussions were like when BF first proposed the idea of having Tara join in the fun? Hmmm.

Maybe they should have covered an Allman Brothers tune in homage to the band that really brought double-drumming to the forefront (yeah, yeah, so did the Grateful Dead but that's another argument/discussion...) But they did bring back Like a Hurricane which is certainly enshrined in the Pantheon of North American Arena Rock!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 pm 

Going to Glasgow show Fri and a bit worried about start time - tickets say doors open 1830, what time did Roxy hit the stage in Newcastle? tx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:03 pm 

That was the same at Newcastle but two support acts starting at 7.30

Roxy due on at 8.45 and came on about 5 mins late

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 pm 

I love this set list. :D

John: I'm working/living over in Munich these days: any inkling when RM might play Germany/Austria/North Italy/Switzerland...?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:17 pm 

I am trying to work out times for Birmingham as we maybe on a tight schedule. Is your view that Roxy will definitely not come on before 8.30pm? And how long is the set?

Anybody know much about car parking at LG arena - esp ease of finding it and cost.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:33 pm 

robertoxy wrote:
I am trying to work out times for Birmingham as we maybe on a tight schedule. Is your view that Roxy will definitely not come on before 8.30pm? And how long is the set?

Anybody know much about car parking at LG arena - esp ease of finding it and cost.

Usually £8.
I always park at the adjoining birmingham International train station (well sign-posted off M42. Signs for airport, NEC & train station)
£5 and sooooo much easier to get away after.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:50 pm 

Newcastle was a brilliant show, can't wait for Manchester.
Great to see so many classics live. 2HB was just fantastic. All the band seemed to having a great time and they looked happy be back on stage. Crowd on right of stage were up straight away made for a great atmosphere.
ps it was me who shouted 'brilliant' after my only love!!
Couldn't resist!