VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Review:The Chronicle.Fans urge More Than This from Roxy Musi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:29 pm 

What the ****? "There was virtually no interaction with the audience, apart from two blink and you miss it ‘good to back’ comments from Ferry and a bit of hand clapping towards the end."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/entertai ... -28056865/

If you went, let's hear your review!

Thanks!

E

Post subject: Re: Review:The Chronicle.Fans urge More Than This from Roxy Musi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:43 pm 

This review is typical of the general public, they want the hits. I would probably be the same for any other group. But we, the real fans, got what we wanted. The set list looks great to me. Even though Dreamhome and A Song For Europe (my 2 favourite songs) have been dropped, we have heard them enough times live over the last 10 years. There are enough replacements to keep me happy (Sentimental Fool, Just Like You, Prairie Rose)
Can't wait for the London gig.
I just hope there are no BA strikes, snow storms etc to stop me flying in from Geneva

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:58 pm 

Michael,

Thanks for your input. I agree, they could play anything and I'd be happy. I saw Roxy once and Bryan twice. Met Bryan twice as well and partied until 5:30 am with David Williams in '94 on the Mamouna tour. RIP David.

Sentimental Fool is one my favourites (along with End of The Line) because when I first heard them, they explained the pangs of an unrequited love I experienced over 30 years ago. I can sing them and when I do, you know what happens.

So she and Bryan inspired me to write and sings songs. Thanks Bryan! (I 'spose we're in the same boat when you lost Jerry).

Michael, I hope you make to the London gig! Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Erland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:07 pm 

blakey wrote:
This review is typical of the general public, they want the hits. I would probably be the same for any other group. But we, the real fans, got what we wanted. The set list looks great to me. Even though Dreamhome and A Song For Europe (my 2 favourite songs) have been dropped, we have heard them enough times live over the last 10 years. There are enough replacements to keep me happy (Sentimental Fool, Just Like You, Prairie Rose)
Can't wait for the London gig.
I just hope there are no BA strikes, snow storms etc to stop me flying in from Geneva

Michael

Michael you said everything I was gonna say, I am actually gutted I'm not going hear song for Europe and in every dreamhome but like you say there's enough to make up for that.....god I hate wingers of Roxy, this could be their last big tour.. Enjoy london, I'm going to the manchester gig Sunday and counting the hours x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:14 pm 

virginiaplain,
what's a winger?
e

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 am 

I'm guessing VP meant "whinger", Erland, and that it was just a typo; to whinge means to moan or complain. We English do it a lot, but almost never at the right time! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:32 am 

[quote="Smudge"]I'm guessing VP meant "whinger", Erland, and that it was just a typo; to whinge means to moan or complain. We English do it a lot, but almost never at the right time! :)[/quote

Ha ha Thanks smudge for writing the explanation for me tho wish it was a typo error....I just can't spell ! X