VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Great Set list. So why am I worried?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:20 pm 

@ Gazrox

you`re absolutly right - the die hards hat wait long, very long time to hear songs from the Newcastle setlist.
but for me, the setlist isn´t good enough to say, oh wow, it must have been a great show. I miss some songs.
and the articles in the press shows me, that not everyone is happy with that show.

On Dylanesque and Olympia Bryan has a broken voice - and now Semtimental Fool live ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 pm 

If I'm honest I would have loved to have heard "All I Want Is You" in London - how many years since that got an airing? Although it was a hit single in its time it's scarcely been played to death ever since, and given that Andy was heard praising the title track of "Manifesto" on part 2 of "The Thrill of It All" on the Beeb this week then it would be great to hear that.

But if London gets the same set as Newcastle I will be quite happy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:12 pm 

I'm sure songs like All I want is You aand Beauty Queen would be fantastic live. Dunno why they don't play them. Le Freak, I know you're a fan of post 1979. Are you happy with the set ? Any alterations ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:54 pm 

:D I`m happy with the setlist! It was great to see my favourite Roxy track ever, Same Old Scene, but also The Main Thing, which I think is a groovy track that would make it great live. I also love Sentimental Fool, which was equel as great to see in the set. Bitter Sweet and Prairie Rose are great too, giving depth and interest to the set. Thumbs up for Just Like You, Amazona and 2HB too, of course. Great songs with a soft melody, instead of a statement that forces you to smile, if I might put it this way...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:49 pm 

Every album covered except one, manifesto but like a hurricane is played, why two saxes now?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:26 pm 

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ROXY MUSIC:

K-E-E-P T-H-I-S S-E-T L-I-S-T

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:13 pm 

Is it still the shortened street life with the last verse missing? I noticed amazona had some lyrics missing and the main thing shorter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:31 pm 

Hi all - first time caller.

I don't think Roxy Music have visited the New Zealand shores since the 70's, so I'm not sure what that will mean for the setlist. I've been waiting for this show for a loooong time!

Personally, I'm very relieved to see the more interesting songs, rather than the slicker stuff like Dance Away etc. But the fear remains that for our leg they will play what the hitseekers want to hear, as most will never have seen the band. I hope it doesn't happen - that setlist is just what I wanted.

But I would have been happy with Virginia Plain played back to back 22 times. The same treatment with Angel Eyes...not so much.

Cheers all
Maurice