VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Glasgow 27th Set List
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:06 am 
Site Owner

The set list for tonight's show in Glasgow will be added to the same place as the Newcastle show.

J.O'B.

Post subject: Re: Glasgow 27th Set List
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:41 am 
Site Owner

My home Glasgow crowd didn't let me down tonight, on their feet right through.
Tonight's show had the addition of Let's Stick Together.

I spoke with the band and told how well received the set list is and how much it is appreciated by the hard core fans that they are doing all these gems that have not been played for years. I said all the forums are buzzing about it.

They were glad to hear that. I was told other rarely played songs have been rehearsed and may pop up throughout the tour.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:56 am 

Now we are getting somewhere. The subtle changes that have been introduced to Tuesday's set list make a big difference

Switching over Prairie Rose and Same Old Scene makes everything much more cohesive and there is a real feel of continuity between the songs.

Slipping in Let's Stick Together between JG and FYP at the finale was also a good move - because it addresses the problem of sending everybody home with back to back melancholic songs - and it was a bonus track to boot! It was just a pity that the guys didn't take a brave pill and dust down All I Want Is You instead. I feel that they have disowned this song - which is a pity because whatever it lacks in subtlety it makes up for in drive and "singalongability" which is just what is needed at this point in a set.

Also, I know that Love Is The Drug is probably the song that the uninitiated most associate with Roxy, but must they feel obliged to include it in every set? Is it me or is it just not all that good? If the guys want to keep Siren's level of representation up then why not go for Both Ends Burning instead? This is a stonker of a song when played live and it would be familiar enough material to keep the more casual members of the audience happy.

Finally, one other feature of the revised running list that may have passed some of us by is that there are now 3 consecutive songs from the tail end albums. This means that those amongst us who prefer the vintage era material can take a relaxed comfort break if needs be with having to worry that we will miss some essential listening. Nice one !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:37 am 

Loved it. Every second of it. I was so pleased Prairie Rose was played. Made my night. No complaints about the set list at all. Can't wait for tonight. Took my brother in law last night. He wasn't a fan. He is now. He admitted he didn't realise Roxy were so good. If the doubters still haven't bought tickets for the rest of the tour snap them up now. you know it makes sense!!!!

PS the programme was top notch too

PPS Agree All I Want Is You would be a good addition to the set.

Roxy Rule OK.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:31 am 

Which page is the Newcastle and Glasgow set lists on ?

TIA !

T

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:48 am 

Hi tonyc123 - You'll find both set lists here - http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/tours_24_setlist.php

Robert.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:04 am 

Hi John, I'm a new user but we have spoken on the phone before. Any news on the Manchester set list changes? Would love to hear Both Ends Burning, but to hear If There is Something live would just be a dream and pray they leave it in for Sunday (yes, Viva is my all-time fave album EVER!). The footager on Youtube looks amazing, can't wait!!!! Cheers, Jo (Cream in Liverpool)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:22 pm 

Thursday 27th January 2011 : Glasgow Armadillo
Viva Roxy Music!
They were deluxe and delightful. A not so new sensation but still a fabulous creation who went far beyond the pale horizons of current pop (wherever their Studebaker took them in fact).
They had some of the (aging) crowd dancing on moonbeans and sliding on rainbows which isn’t easy at the Armadillo at the best of times.
Oh, and Byron Ferrari exhibited an impressive range of dad dancing that I must try for myself when I feel confident.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:57 pm 

Somebody's posted The Main Thing from Glasgow on YouTube. Not very good quality, but it's made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck ! Worth a view. Link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6o1xuGqaC8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:01 pm 

Have a look at this great version of 2HB from G;asgow .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQQdTyqivis