VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Best Show So Far?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:44 pm 

Hey everybody new to the forum but not to the site or of course Bryan Ferry / Roxy Music. I was wondering if anyone who has been to more than 1 or 2 shows from these shows thinks which one so far has been best?. I myself so far have been to Newcastle,2 nights at Glasgow, and even managed to watch the 1st night at Glasgow soundcheck, & Manchester. Although I feel they have all been great for me possibly the 2nd night in Glasgow sticks out !.I've been reading through all the other posts and read peoples views etc and i'm glad to say they are all mostly good. We all know the band are that much older as we all are but I really feel they are still putting 100% into the show and no one could ask for more. Great songs to please us hard core fans. Some folk are saying Bryans voice isn't as strong as it used to be, but I feel for a guy of his age it still is. I myself work at lots of concerts by all types of bands just now and it's amazing to see that lot's of groups & singers less than half Bryans age DONT sing live for the full show, You get all the excuses it's because they're dancing or jumping around so much, or even worse because it's a long tour they just cant sing live for the whole of every show.Well we all know this ISNT the case of Roxy Music. Everythings totally live, I bet when all these bands are older they wont be on the road at all, So i'm really gratefull Roxy can still do what they do. Now after seeing 4 shows i'm truly tempted to go to the 02 next Tues. Roxy Rool O/K!

Post subject: Re: Best Show So Far?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:36 pm 

I have travelled from Spain to Glasgow for the two concerts at the SECC , alli can say is that the both were fantastic but the second one was the best one of the 5 times I have seen them live. After the concerts they signed me my old roxy , they were very very kind, thank you again ,it is just what a fan always dream.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:44 pm 

I'm very pleased for you oscar you got to do this,great stuff, Yes they are very friendly and kind enough to sign for fans. Si I do hope you had a great trip.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:33 pm 

Bryan's voice has always been a matter of character, delivery and passion rather than the physics of music, to me it's a good as it ver has been live, but in a different way

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:07 pm 

Thanks for your words "for your pleasure",
I have to say that the people from Glasgow 10 over 10 too.
Fantastic city and fantastic venue!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:48 pm 

I agree james what you say about Bryans voice, and i'd say for his age it's still sounding great specially with the type of songs he sings.And oscar glad you liked Glasgow and it's people so much, That it one of the better concert venues in glasgow. Cheers