VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Roxy and T in the Park
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:13 pm 

Hi Folks

I've just returned from T in the Park 2009, were the show was well and truly stolen by the Pet Shop Boys. Their 90 minute set which combined classic (mostly 80's) hits, elaborate stage shows and wildly camp dancing from four performers went down a storm with a crowd aged predominantly in their late teens/early twenties.

Following on from this and the positive reviews I've read so far in the Scottish press I expect The Pet Shop Boys will earn a whole new audience in Scotland. Similiarly, in Ireland from their appearance at the Oxygen festival a similar set will surely have attracted new audiences across the sea.

It's just my opinion but I feel if Roxy performed at such a festival(s) with their elaborate stage shows, solid body of work and technical excellence of their members they would attract a whole new audience of fans who would be pleasantly surprised by the quality of their output.

I know we would also love to see them play live ANYWHERE right now but I think this would be a great opportunity for them to re-establish their credentials and gain new followers.

Any thoughts anyone.

CG

Post subject: Re: Roxy and T in the Park
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:28 pm 

I honestly, in my heart of heart, believe they just may be at the age where touring again is too much. I know "The Stones still do it", but the 2001 tour evidently came about because, as Ferry said, "the promoters were very persuasive."

Post subject: Re: Roxy and T in the Park
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:39 pm 

It was only four years ago that RM performed at the Isle of Wight festival. As far as I know that was well received, although I don't know how many 'new fans' the band won over then.
If I remember correctly, the version of Prairie Rose they played then sounded quite different to the album version.