VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cover art
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:10 am 

Comments have been very positive about the artistic backdrop at the recent gigs. I don't think I'm alone in having particularly enjoyed the cover art montage shown during the playing of Do The Strand (at least at Birmingham, but presumably at the same point of the gigs?).

Having also attended Nick de Ville's lecture at the O2 (British Music Experience) late last year, during which we saw some "cutting room floor" photos from the early Roxy albums, I can't help thinking there's a coffee table book just crying out to be compiled.

If others feel the same, maybe J.O'B might float the idea of The Cover Art Of Roxy Music to someone important?

It might contribute nicely to the BF pension plan too or, better still, to the funding of the next Roxy album! :idea:

Post subject: Re: Cover art
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:19 am 

Great idea! - having looked over Mick Rock's fantastic coffee table book of David Bowie photographs, I remember imagining how wonderful it would be to have a comparable presentation of Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music visuals.

For me, one of the best parts of the Bowie book is the inclusion of written anecdotes by Mick Rock and David Bowie about their recollections of the Ziggy Stardust era.

I imagine the presentation of such a Roxy would be enhanced by including essays penned by Bryan or Nick to accompany each album's montage - J.O'B did a marvelous short documentary covering the making of the Siren album cover - something similar in book form for each Roxy/Ferry album would be an ideal treat.

Post subject: Re: Cover art
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:01 pm 

I think the programme on the current tour should have had a lot of these album cover outtakes included and early, unseen band shots.
It is excellent with 70 or so pages but who wants to see blurry picture of backs and legs from last year's summer shows?
A wasted oppertunity I think.