VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nobody puts Bryan in the corner!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:06 pm 

Unlike other posters, I was really disappointed in the O2 show. I've seen Roxy mant times since 1972/3 and this must be the worst show. Despite having a seat in block A1 in row 7, I was very disappointed by the view to start with. In front of me I had 2 backing singers, Colin Good and a some silly bint with hardly any clothes on doing a silly dance. The band seemed to be right across the other side of the stage. Bryan spent at least half the show behind his organ (ooh err missus!) in what appeared to be the far carner of the stage from where I was sitting. Bizarre! He only apporached my side of the stage twice during the show, and on both occasions there was no spotlight on him. Is he trying to perform incognito or did Bryan, Andy and Phil draw lots to see who'd take centre stage? The sound was Ok, but nothing special, and Bryan is keeping up his usual habit of not making much effort to connect with his audience.

i was deeply unimpressed. Oh, and the O2 is a crap venue too.

Post subject: Re: Nobody puts Bryan in the corner!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:44 am 

I agree with you about the sound/venue/extraneous people on stage, etc, but surely, as someone who has been watching Roxy since 1972/3, Ferry behind a keyboard at the side of the stage must be a return to the good old days when MacKay and Manzanera were centre stage! And quite right too!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:11 pm 

From the bts on youtube I've seen Ferry wasn't actually playing keyboards all the time much the same as Brian Wilson sits behind a keyboard during his concerts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:40 pm 

But Brian Wilson sits centre stage so you can't miss him. Saw him at the RFH a few years ago and despite being way at the back, I felt I saw him better than Bryan on Monday night.

The only positive was getting my bottle of water in without it being confiscated!

And the woman on R2 on the Jo Wiley show agreed with my perception of the show.