A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: From the official Roxy Music site
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:53 am 

Look out for the "For Your Pleasure" 2011 Tour CD / DVD coming soon

Post subject: Re: From the official Roxy Music site
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:40 pm 

This is a DVD I'm really looking forward to seeing. I can't remember what they played on the night it was filmed, but with any luck we could get Pyjamarama, If There is Something, 2HB, Same Old Scene, Just Like You, Amazona, Hurricane, Bitter Sweet, Sentimental Fool Prairie Rose, To Turn You On, The Main Thing and more besides ! Hopefully none of them are omitted to make way for the usual old ...err....favourites !

Here's a quote from Paul Thompson regarding 2HB that he put up on his website in March this year. Makes me quite sad.

All,
I have to admit that during the last gig of the tour in Auckland New Zealand I did get a little choked up during 2HB when Bryan sang the line "fade away never".
I dont know for sure whether that was the last ever show, but Roxy Music has left its mark and will never fade away as far as I am concerned !
love to all,
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:32 pm 

I too admit that I felt a tear well up when I read what Paul had written back in March and again reading it today. I do however live in hope that Phil can get them all back together in the not too distant future. If for no other reason than just to play the songs. Maybe when Bryan has done with the Olympia stuff (and had a rest) the RM album may surface again????

Ian S, having read some of your previous posts you do seem "informed" regards RM ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:39 pm 

Gary wrote:

"Maybe when Bryan has done with the Olympia stuff (and had a rest) the RM album may surface again????"

I`m with you, but we know how the story goes, don`t we?; "Bryan has started work on his new solo album..."

Btw, I don`t get your point about the quote from Paul. It seems harmless to me. "Fade away never" must be good, don`t you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:22 am 
Site Owner

The set list for Manchester can be found here:

http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/tours_24_setlist.php

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:40 am 

Thanks for the link John. The songs performed on the night were,
The Main Thing - Street Life - Pyjamarama - If There Is Something - Prairie Rose - Just Like You - Amazona - 2HB - Like A Hurricane - Tara - Bitter Sweet - Sentimental Fool - To Turn You On - Same Old Scene - My Only Love - Avalon - Jealous Guy - Virginia Plain - Love Is The Drug - Editions Of You - Do The Strand - For Your Pleasure
I reckon we could get all of them on the DVD ! The set list still amazes me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:49 am 

To be honest, I'm totally disillusioned about everyone and everything these days, footballers, actors, musicians, police bribery, lenient court sentences to save money, rip-off prices everywhere, etc, etc . We seem to be shafted by everyone. So, I found Pauls comment quite refreshing. It's not about the money.