VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sad !
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:50 pm 

Very sad to see that Bryan, Phil and Andy are playing live alone at the same time instead of playing live together with Roxy :cry:

Post subject: Re: Sad !
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 pm 

Yeah, it must mean something. Friction, dysfunctionality, more seriously than what the outside world has gotten the impression of. Andy is the central person here. Andy + Bryan? - Mmmmmmm, not good!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:06 pm 

Bad vibes ? Between Bryan and Andy ? Who knows.. Eno was Andy's mate and Bryan booted him out of the band. Bryan then recorded These Foolish Things and amongst the musicians used were Phil and Paul but not Andy. Same with Another time Another Place, Lets stick together and In Your Mind. Phil and Paul were also on the In Your Mind Tour, but not Andy When Roxy disbanded in 1976, I remember Andy saying that he was recording a solo album but wasn't releasing it just yet as the public were only interested in buying Bryan Ferry records. Ouch. I'm sure I read somewhere in 1976/77 or 78 that Andy was thinking of reforming Roxy with Eno and replacing Bryan with ...err....well known geordie singer Alan Price ! Thank goodness that never happened ! And then we had the more recent quote from Andy from the Metaphords website in referance to some of the material being used on the Roxy album: <<"However I could not feel the commitment and passion that would get me through what would undoubtedly be be a long and difficult road to a finished album on tracks that I had not been involved with from the start>>"
Bad vibes ? Maybe.

Last edited by IanS on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:09 pm 
Site Owner

Maybe it's a lot more simple than that. Bryan would be sowewhere between Denmark and Spain when Andy etc got together for a quick jam then play at what was intended to be a very low key performance.

You have to include in that list that Andy did play on Taxi but Paul or Phil didn't. Andy has also joined Bryan on stage on a number of occasions on his solo tours.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:19 pm 

I don't think there's any bad feeling now. To be fair, this was probably just a one off benefit bash and I don't think there were any hidden messages or agendas .I think they're all happy to go their seperate ways with no bad feeling. They sorted out their pensions by doing the 2001 tour ! And more recent tours help sell the catalogue.