VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New DVD?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:55 pm 

Yeah, by now, right. Really disappointing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:01 pm 

Everything to do with Roxy releases is controlled by Ferry who is out of the country so probably his absence is why nothing is coming out with regard to the dvd. They've missed that many boats over the years we shouldn't be too surprised, the same will probably happen next year with any 40th anniversary things (apparently Queens 40th this year, look what coverage they are picking up)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:52 pm 

oscar wrote:
Hi, it would be a gift for all of us in this forum to know something new about the release of the 2011 Manchester gig dvd.
Is the there anybody out there with some news?thanks

No need to wait for firm news, we just have to ask Helen for a prediction - she obviously has the gift !

Smudge wrote:

I think you'll find that Same Old Scene was played on every date in both hemispheres. From memory, the only song other than More Than This added for the second leg of the tour was Let's Stick Together (which shouldn't appear in Roxy setlists anyway, IMHO! ;) ).

Let's Stick Together also featured in first Glasgow gig in January. However, I agree that this has no place on a Roxy setlist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:40 am 

With the shows themselves having taken place in late January/early February then surely all the post-production stuff would have been done a long time ago? Ferry would have known he was going to be out of the country at this time so anything regarding his participation could surely have been arranged around that? It can't just be that he needs to be in the country to even authorise a press release announcing a DVD, can it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:57 am 

I reckon it will come out next year in a 3 CD box set to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the first album, consisting of the original album, the 2011 show with extras from other gigs and a third CD consisting of stuff not yet decided on ! Anything less than that would be another wasted opportunity !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:56 pm 

the only one who can say a serious word about this thing, is J OB, who has been involved in this project.Anything new John? thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:03 pm 
Site Owner

To be honest I don't kow a thing about this release as I haven't really asked.

I will be working for a week in London next month on Roxy related things and will ask what information can be posted.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:12 am 

"Roxy related things" - what does T H A T mean? Of course - us die hard fanatics want to know..... :D :) :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:55 am 
Site Owner

I will be working on the 40th anniversary of the first album. I have been involved in this for the last 18 months or so and it is nearing completion as far as I know.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:57 pm 

In what capacity are you working on this album John? Great to hear it's nearly finished. 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next