VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: A living piece of Roxy artwork
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:51 am 

"Hold On, I'm" no no no, too many letters.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:02 am 

Haha!..... or a A trifle risque......? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:15 am 

I keep goin' back to "Roxy Music", somethin' in the middle then "True To Life" underneath it. Will work it out with the tatoo artist. Am loathed to take Country Life with me when I go to him in case I trap at Shepherd's Bush with "Pwaiwie Wose" written all over the ship. Thank heaven's I went off "The Skid's". What is he singing there? Ahoy, Ahoy what? Even the Glasgow version was cryin' out for subtitles.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:30 am 

To my shame (or maybe Shame, Shame, Shame...) I too considered the medley possibilities of Can't Let Go/Hold On, I'm Coming, but thought our moderator (J.O'B) might red card me! ;)

If you close your "show" with them, SB, it might be a longer than usual wait before the encore! :lol:

Good luck with finding the missing link to personalise your tattoo; sad man that I am, I'd wondered about celebrating my mid-life crisis (which I've been enjoying for over a decade already...) with one of a blue cockerel standing on a football over the words "Class Of '61" (double winners & year of my birth)...

Maybe we should both get one which says "This Is A Cry For Help"?! :roll:

How about further discussion over pre- and/or post-gig drinks in Shepherds Bush?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 am 

Hello! My name is Helen and I am the girl silly enough to commit to a body of roxy artwork!
You can see a picture below, my sleeve was finished last year. My friend Jed Harwood at the Tattoo workshop in Brighton did it. He's an amazing artist and is currently working on my Amanda Lear back piece!

Attachments:
roxy sleeve.jpg
roxy sleeve.jpg [ 144.57 KiB | Viewed 9667 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:48 am 

Welcome aboard, Helen! (Although you may have to settle for being Hell in here, as there's already a Helen up in Manchester...) Nice to have some new blood (or maybe that should be ink...) in this forum.

I'd wondered after we met if you'd post a message or photos and now, 6 months on (almost to the day), everyone can admire the multi-coloured sleeve of Roxy history! Are you still planning to let the F&B girls share your back with Amanda Lear or did the black panther frighten them off?!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:46 pm 

This is a piece of art. Stunning !

I am not into body art (I am too much of a coward and too conservative) but if I was then this is what I would go for.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:15 pm 

Yes, sorry about that. I always meant to join but just haven't had the time to sit down and do it plus I wanted to show it as a finished piece. I'm only having Amanda Lear on my back, she's taking up pretty much all the space and I prefer the style of the first five album covers because they're more dreamy and pin up compared to the later ones.
When Jed tattooed Amanda on my back it hurt so much I cried(!!!) so when I went to have the panther done over the weekend he had to use a numbing cream to dull the sensation (the back is notoriously painful, especially round the kidneys where the panther is crawling!). All the outline done now though so the next session will be colour and shading!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 pm 

Jed's numbing cream probably has the same effect as reading some of the middle-aged carping in this forum! ;)

Stick with it, though; FYP is the masterpiece among masterpieces, not least for its artwork. We'll look forward to the photo of that one in due course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:34 am 

Dear Hell,

Thanks very much for posting the pix. You're spot-on about the first 5 album covers.

If and when we get the "new" complete Roxy cd/dvd, or re-issued debut album, etc. etc., I want you to be on the cover....becoming the new Roxy covergirl is the least you deserve for undergoing such pain and providing such pleasure! ;)

Cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next