VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Your Roxy Dreams.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 pm 

Don't say you've never had one. Here are two of my most memorable ones. In the dream, at the 2001 tour, Bryan started singing "Walk A Mile In My Shoes". I shouted, "Hey you, no solo stuff allowed" and he got me arrested. The other was at the Koko, I think, and Bryan was introducing the band. The Great Paul Thompson, he said and Paul came to the front of the stage wearing a boxer's gumshield. Read into that what you will.

Post subject: Re: Your Roxy Dreams.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:34 am 

Mmmmmmmmmmm, shame he didn't deck him!!!

Not so much a dream, but I've always said that if I ever met Andy MacKay again I'd ask if I could write his biography. I'm dreading ever bumping into him cos I'd have to ask but wouldn't be able to do it!!!!! :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:26 pm 

This topic came up (on another site) last month and I posted this at the time, forgive me for repeating it:

People talking about their dreams can become a bit boring, but I love the surreal nature of them.

I've had a couple of Roxy dreams this year - when the FYP tour was on (and I couldn't go) I had a dream that started off great; with me being a roadie for the band and hearing lots of great new songs first-hand, then as the actual concert was about to start I couldn't get to the venue and was doing the usual panicking "run but get nowhere," I ended up falling and cutting myself all over with bits of gravel. Presumably all to do with the angst of not making the real tour?

Last night I had a funny little one: BF was in the studio tinkering with "Dance Away" on piano, then this great glissando of jangly guitar playing (similar to the intro of Over You) came in, and gave the tune a real lift. I turned and the guitar was being played by Paul Thompson (?), then he changed to doing the same jangly tune on a harpsichord, and it sounded great.
I joked; " Hey Paul, you should write a concept album."
He laughed and said "Yeah, Orca the Whale."
I replied "Nah, Red Rum."
He replied "Nah, Orca the Whale, it was bigger."

End of dream!

I am contributing to this subject again because last night I had a dream that I was producing an Eno single, the mixing desk had the lyrics printed on each button and also the name of the record label, producer, songwriter, record catalogue number, etc. After completing the song lyrics , Eno then sang the name of the label, catalogue number, etc. in order to "make it a complete record of a record."

I thought it was a clever arty idea, but the following day we returned to the studio and he was in a foul mood, we played the track once and he stared at me and deleted the whole thing, and all the mixing desk buttons changed to black.

End of dream!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:53 pm 

Never noticed the topic, recently, on another website. Don't go looking. I did, however, do a thread on the subject, many, many years back, on Paul's.
I don't think dream's, or hearing other people's dreams, are boring at all. Going by the little experience I have, and I certainly don't go asking, I find the most obscure of dreams come from the most unlikely of people, and probably the most artistic of us all, are the ones that get dreams in the greatest of detail.
I'm off to fly over the refuse depot with my recently passed away German Shepherd.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:12 pm 

Sadie's Boyfriend wrote:

I don't think dream's, or hearing other people's dreams, are boring at all.

From a metaphysical and paranormal angle, I agree, the work of Giorgio di Chirico had a profound effect on me at art college. However, you are fortunate not to have attended parties at the same art college, where you were guaranteed some attention-seeking, but dull young woman, thought that the way to my heart was an epic deconstruction of her recent dreams - which were always longer than Lord of the Rings. In Russian.

Her next contribution would be "what's your star sign?" :!:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:12 pm 

I would have said "unfortunate". (Let's get John to shift this).
Am under the most unpredictable, caring, observant, artistic, providing, loving, skint sign, under the Zodiac.

Here Is A Rainbow For Your Hair. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:53 am 

Sadie's Boyfriend wrote:
I would have said "unfortunate". (Let's get John to shift this).
Am under the most unpredictable, caring, observant, artistic, providing, loving, skint sign, under the Zodiac.

Here Is A Rainbow For Your Hair. :mrgreen:

Something tells me you were born on the cusp! :D

8-)