VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Rare German footage from 1969
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:54 pm 

>Anthony Perkins<

I mentioned the sixties once or twice, and don't seem to get away with it yet, so I'll give it another try: -Ossie Clark/Anthony PRICE..

By the way, if I'm right, ANTHONY PERKINS had his major breakthru' in "Psycho", 1960.

:?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:24 am 

The main difference between the 60s and 70s is the 70s feeling of sleaze and degeneration. At the same time I must say, that in retrospect, I like much music now, that I didn`t like back then, when it was new. -Plus I`m still not very fond of artists like Leo Sayer, Sparks, 10cc, Queen and Supertramp. It might be an age thing.

The feeling of difference was further strenghtened by the fact that we moved from one place of the country to another, in the summer of 1970, when I was 14 years old. That said, the years 1970 to 1972 was a different age altogether, dominated by prog, but more belonging to the 60s than 70s.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm 

le freak wrote:
The main difference between the 60s and 70s is the 70s feeling of sleaze and degeneration. At the same time I must say, that in retrospect, I like much music now, that I didn`t like back then, when it was new. -Plus I`m still not very fond of artists like Leo Sayer, Sparks, 10cc, Queen and Supertramp. It might be an age thing.

The feeling of difference was further strenghtened by the fact that we moved from one place of the country to another, in the summer of 1970, when I was 14 years old. That said, the years 1970 to 1972 was a different age altogether, dominated by prog, but more belonging to the 60s than 70s.

I tend to agree with you, some of it, still the taste thing is very individual. I appreciate more music of the late sixties and the Prog era today, than younger days. I myself discovered Roxy Music by quite a coincidence back in late 1976, when I bought a vinyl (VIVA) from a friend for a one pound. He didn't like them, but I blew away with the song "Both ends burning". I played it several times, and the funny thing, I was tuned on in, of the Soul era in the seventies (as a DJ), discovering varoius black music artists I even appriciate a lot today.
Then the world of RM, Ferry, Eno and the whole Roxy Music world were tuned in and turned on, in indeed intersting, highly artistic educated and creative gallery of personas.

Still, I'm classical educated like my wife, but mingles regular with experimental musicians, most of them performing instant composistions, jazz, electronica. I've had the pleasure og meeting people of Japan, Can, Eno (once) and the accliamed trumpeteer Jon Hassel, so I find music spanding from John Dunstable to Can via all forms and sorts of music expressions and experimentations deliciously surprising , but still, I hold RM one of my all time favourite bands. This band is so different, so appealing, to qoute Richard Hamilton.

Sounds moves in mysterious waves.. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:50 am 

St.Learraine wrote:
8-)

Take a loook at this German clip from 1969.
Watch closley at 0.36 and forth..

Both Kari Anne Muller AND Amanda Lear?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8TcDnKT ... rofilepage

The dancing might be an inspiration of Trancedental Meditation of Alan Hawkshaw. AH made music for the Paco Rabanne 1969 collection that year, and Amanda Lear was also in the PR stable at the time, as I learned to know.

The Moonlanding might hav inspired both Pierre Cardin and Paco Rabanne this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo-pGsCw0a4

Well, more digressions... ;)