VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Autographs on eBay
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:43 pm 

If anyone is interested I am selling on eBay a complete set of Roxy autographs from the 1972 tour.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150697804674? ... LX:IT&am...

If anyone is interested I am selling on eBay a complete set of Roxy autographs from the 1972 tour.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150697804674? ... LX:IT&am...

You are bidding on a rare set of autographs of one of the original short lived Roxy Music lineups.

This of course consists of Brian Ferry, Eno (typically distinctive signature) , Phil Manzanera, Andy Mackay, Paul Thompson and bass player Rick Kenton who joined in May 1972 and was sacked in January 1973

These were obtained by myself when Roxy played Friars, Aylesbury on 5 Aug 1972.

Bizarrely it is signed on the back of a Uriah Heep poster - it was all I had to hand at the time!

No COA I'm afraid, but I can assure you it is genuine.

I don't see this gig mentioned on the vivaRoxymusic.com gig listing but assure you it did take place, see this page from the Friars club archive.

http://www.aylesburyfriars.co.uk/roxymusic72.html

Many thanks

Post subject: Re: Autographs on eBay
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:56 am 

I'm not big on autographs in general, but this seems like an interesting collection. After all, how easy is it to get a Rik Kenton autograph!!!!

I'd suggest that in the auction listing you include an image of the obverse showing the Uriah Heep poster as a way of helping to convey the authenticity of the piece.

Also, I don't know why you have listed the auction with a hidden reserve. Why be coy about what you want for the item? Just let people know the minimum acceptable bid and then they can decide whether or not they want to bid. Putting a hidden reserve serves no good purpose and I think it actually reduces people's interest in an auction. I do a lot of eBay buying (vintage photos mostly) and over the past few years I rarely see sellers using hidden reserves. I think they learned that it is not conducive to making a sale. Just list the item with your minimal acceptable bid and then see if the market is interested. Why mess around with people making bids that don't meet the hidden reserve. It's just a waste of time IMHO.

All the best with the auction!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:18 pm 

Thanks for the reply and the suggestions.
I'm fairly new to eBaying so did not realise the reserve price could be made public.
I have set the resrve at £50 which I felt was a reasonable amount for what was on offer. Not sure I can make it public on eBay now but will have a go.
As for showing the reverse I will add an extra photo and try and get a bit of both sides in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm 

Love your item! Good luck with it. Do you recall, at all, any of what songs Roxy played at the gig? Slightly before my time as far as getting into them is concerned , but curious.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:09 pm 

Set list as shown on the wonderful Friars website.
2HB; Would You Believe?; Sea Breezes; Ladytron; If There Is Something; Re-make/Re-model; The BOB (Medley); Virginia Plain

see link above

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:16 am 
Site Owner

This sort of thing would be nice in one of the pages of the 40th anniversary edition of the first album.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:53 pm 

Maybe the seller could get you a clean, color scan of it.