VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dance Away Audio/Video Extended Remix
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 pm 

Hi guys and girls :) :) :)

I have made an audio and video Remix of Dance Away.
In 1979 I started to buy my own singles and albums, my musicals taste was taking shape.

One of the first singles was Dance Away from Roxy Music, I loved it very much. It was a bit melancholy but had this modern beat.
Later on I bought my first very first album, Roxy Music’s Manifesto.
At home listening to it I was a bit disappointed and from then on I had this special love/hate relationship with this album, because it was my first, but I also felt cheated because 3 songs were remixed after the album was released and those versions weren't on the album. My overall feeling with this album was that it wasn’t really finished.
Know I know my guts were right, because this album leads to the highly acclaimed Avalon album. On Manifesto they started experimenting with the recording process.
I even recently found a 4th song remixed. And there is a recording of a 5th which was never released, but I hope to get my hands on it sometime.
All in all this album grew on me and I liked it a lot. 8-) :)

I now have two versions of Manifesto, the original one (with the original album version of Dance Away) which I hadn’t listened to for many years because I listened to the Best Of. So hearing it after so many years, with an open mind it just sounds so good and know I have also Manifesto 2.0, with all the remixes in place, which has this other vibe. I love them both.
Manifesto 2.0 is almost the same as the original, this is what differs.
Track 1 - Manifesto (Re-recording)
Track 3 - Angel Eyes (Remix)
Track 8 - Dance Away (Single mix)
Track 10 - Trash 2 ( This is an extra track, sort of a reprise of Trash)
I’m looking for the remix of "Ain't That So" producer Bob Clearmountain remixed this song for the American market but it was never released, or never finished maybe, I would love to get my hands on a finished (or demo version.) Then it would be complete.

Manifesto 2.0 is also the title of a Special Edition cd/dvd I want to make hopefully this year, included are the two album versions, A Manifesto documentary, by editing the Roxy video documentary with the radio documentary, the promos and video live tracks about Manifesto and also a cd with remixes and audio live tracks.

In light of this all I made an audio and video remix of Dance Away.
The audio is in most part the extended remix which then goes into the single version and ending with the album version.
I hope by the way that the promo of Dance Way will be available in good quality in the future, because now I only had a low quality version.

So here it……Roxy Music - Dance Away (Audio/Video)Remix: :) :) :) YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!!
http://youtu.be/33eWZD0OVzw
Have Fun.
Don’t wait to long, before you know it might be blocked by youtube.

Post subject: Re: Dance Away Audio/Video Extended Remix
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:23 am 

Original album mix of Dance Away below. Along with a few changes,the sax at 2.07 was edited out of the single released and from subsequent issues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lLcZPhT ... re=related

1980 tour recording of Dance Away.Nice keyboards from Paul Carrack and a Drum solo from Andy Newmark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjjGvMhI ... re=related

Original Angel Eyes recording for those who haven't heard it or can't get hold of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bQjkKBR ... re=related