VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What is this????? Roxy/Eno 72?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:02 pm 

http://www.ioffer.com/i/roxy-music-bria ... -151820947

"Superb quality recording from BBC Digital Radio of Roxy Music live at the Paris Theatre in London in 1972. Also included are four rare Brian Eno BBC session tracks from 1974 and a radio interview with Eno from 1979. CD features: Grey Lagoon, Sea Breezes, Virginia Plain, Chance Meeting, Re make/Re-model, Baby’s On Fire, I’ll Come Running, Fever and Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch. 60 minutes"

Post subject: Re: What is this????? Roxy/Eno 72?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:49 pm 

What is it? An illegal bootleg, with zero lineage, of material traded for free amongst collectors, that's what it is. Probably sourced from the BBC 6Music 2008-04-14 DAB or DVB-T broadcast, which would have originally included Bob Harris's talk between tracks.

This material is easily found -- right now -- online, for free, and with full lineage. If you need help finding it, drop me a PM. Please, do not give this chancer on iOffer your money.

NB. The show was recorded in August 1972 as part of BBC Radio 1's In Concert series. The original broadcast also included "The Bob (Medley)", not included in the 2008 rebroadcast.

The other tracks are the Eno & The Winkies BBC session from 1974. Again, easily available for free online.