VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music: The Complete Studio Recordings 1972-1982
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:55 am 

Smudge wrote:
Feeling grouchy this morning, so I'll get this off my chest:

(1) it's getting monotonous at almost every log on to find messages bemoaning the lack of a personal response from the great man himself (it ain't gonna happen!);

(2) his team do look in here and J.O'B also kindly summarises the majority views when in contact with The Studio;

(3) because of point (2), the carping and moaning about the next studio set might prove counter-productive - if you don't want it, don't buy it, but don't knock the man for keeping the group's name out there or dissuade him from continuing to plan what ought to prove to be a wonderful series of 40th anniversary boxes between this summer and 2022!

There; I feel a bit better now! Time for my medicine, nurse...

Well said.

I think they are very aware of this site and it's contents.
Tara's response and comments was point in fact! I'm sorry the lad felt the need to repond but some of the comments were a little un-kind. I hope Tara didn't disappear from Bryan's band in the recent tour because of the negative comments on here?
I too get fed up of people banging on about direct contact with them. I doubt Bryan would even if he could! Paul does on his forum, and very good of him too. He will answer questions but he will only say what he can/allowed about RM. So don't rush over there and ask when the new RM album is going to be finished or when the next tour is going to be. He can't answer stuff like that, perhaps because he doesn't know or can't say until it's made public.
As for the facebook question, "what shall we record next"? It is an ideal oppertunity to put sensible suggestions forward. There hasn't been many. For me, I am happy to have anything, doubt I shall buy the complete works thing that is due soon but I don't diss it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:13 am 

The point is this ....

Unlike Paul Thompson's site....this isn't Bryan's own website, its a fan site run by J O'B. for fans to chat and discuss the 'for's' and 'against's' the 'up's and the 'downs' in an orderly manner! haha.
I would never expect Bryan and the others to respond to any of our questions on here anyway, why would he/they? its a fan site. They owe us nothing on here.

Yes I do remember Tara's post on here Ian, some comments were a bit personal, and he had every right to defend and respond to the unkind one's. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:18 pm 
Site Owner

"I think all the great ideas & requests made here are
falling on deaf ears."

I can assure you, ideas and feelings of fans are put forward. The set list last year was a direct result of the feelings of fans wanting different material performed live. A list was drawn up by a fan drawn from what haddn't been played for years and from a general consensus from the forums.

What I found interesting is that some of the suggestions being put forward on this thread had been thought about and are already up for discussion so they are on the right track with what they think the fans want.

It's not good poilcy for a band to publish 'we think we might do this or maybe do that'. The Deluxe edition of the first album has been on the go for almost 2 years by the time it is released but only made public a month or 2 ago on BFs facebook page.

Things are happening in the background and being considered on a regular basis but there is a right time to announce things.

The fans interests and wishes are being put forward and considered I can assure you of that.........patience is a virtue.

J.O'B.

Last edited by VivaRoxyMusic.com on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 pm 

Well said JO'B.

Regarding Tara, I don't think anything said on this forum had a direct impact on his departure from BF's band during the latter part of the 2011 tour. As reflected in the Sound Guy interview made available through BF's own website, there was clearly a concern on BF's part concerning the drumming in the first part of the tour and a deliberate decision was made by BF to engage the services of TGPT for the American leg of the tour (and a few other gigs in Europe in September).

As fans, there is much about BF and Roxy that we will never be privy to and that's just the way it is and forever will be. But many interesting insights are presented in this forum and I think it would be in the interest of BF and Roxy to keep an eye on what gets discussed here. But that's up to them.

Peace out...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:14 pm 

Well said John. Thanks for all the hard work you do for us on here 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:19 pm 

This is a big moment in the history of the band. The 25th anniversary passed by us all. So did the 30th. I suppose there is always the 50th anniversary to look forward to. However, for the 40th, I really hope we get something meaty. Just something of real genuine interest .. And with any luck,we will get that later in the year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:15 pm 

[quote="VivaRoxyMusic.com"]"I think all the great ideas & requests made here are
falling on deaf ears."

I can assure you, ideas and feelings of fans are put forward. The set list last year was a direct result of the feelings of fans wanting different material performed live. A list was drawn up by a fan drawn from what haddn't been played for years and from a general consensus from the forums.

We had a fantastic set list last year and I couldn't have wished for more - it just proved to me that someone was listening to us all 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:05 am 

What I meant on deaf eyes is the ears
of Bryan & the band, their ears is all.

It would just be nice to hear from them
but I understand, they are the stars,
a-way-up-there, higher than the milky way.

C'monnnnnnnnn down!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 am 

The prosecution has nothing further to add. I rest my case!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:51 pm 

True to Life wrote:
VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
"I think all the great ideas & requests made here are
falling on deaf ears."

We had a fantastic set list last year and I couldn't have wished for more - it just proved to me that someone was listening to us all 8-)

Totally agree. I'd never dreamt of that set list...and it happened (shame i never saw the gig, living in the wrong part of the world to make it :cry: )

Thanks to Vivaroxymusic and John, such a miraculous set list was possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next