VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Roxy Music: The Complete Studio Recordings 1972-1982
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 pm 

Might just be worth the wait I think you'll find (Hope it's not too expensive though)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:40 am 

After 40 years, I'm sure it's going to special,
then again, who knows?

Expensive? who knows? who cares?

It's all icing on many layers of cakes.

Let it build up like a hurricane, tear us down
like a tornado, shake us to our feet by an
earthquake!

Keep on (((rockin'))) Roxy Music! till the end, the very end!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:34 pm 

Very long overdue, looking forward to the release of the deluxe editions. Back in the mid 80s I spent abit of time with Andy and Phil down at Phils studio in Chertsey, and of course been a die hard fan asked millions of questions regarding Roxy etc, I remember them both telling me that there wasn't much unreleased material on the making of the albums. I do hope if any at all unreleased material will see the light of day on the albums, of course they should be alternative / demo versions of their songs etc that should appear also it would be really good if some of the early shows from the early 70s tours were recorded so hopefully a few of the live recordings might see the light of day, as for the BBC sessions it would be great if the BBC would release at some stage a boxset of the BBC material also I reckon that the BBC have got roundabout 2 hours of tv material from over the years (Of course a great shame that some classic appearances on TOTP were wiped over or wiped off, I.E. Pyjamarama, street life, love is the drug etc, So please lets keep the BBC sessions etc seperate, regarding the viva album, lets just hope we get lots of goodies from Glasgow, Newcastle and London! I do hope that the release of the deluxe versions won't cost an arm and a leg. At the end of the day its just us, the die hard fans that would be purchasing the deluxe editions. Like I said at the beginning, these are long long overdue. Thanks again John, for all your good work (I bet you've been in your element working on the early albums). Cheers, Wayne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:59 pm 

On the level?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10