VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: J.O'B - man about town...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:13 am 

...Strange thing was it was my town!

There I was all set for a night in, upsetting Mrs Smudge with more CDs that she doesn't much care for (that'll be just about the entire collection, including RM & BF...) when our leader summonsed me by text for beer & curry. Well, you can't really say no to somebody who's travelled all the way from Inverness to share his popadoms with you, can you?

Despite my best attempts to disguise the look of panic in my eyes on learning that the curry house was not licensed to serve booze, J.O'B knows me well enough to fear that I might suffer an allergic reaction to non-alcoholic drinks. Food was therefore despatched with indecent haste, so that he could take me to the sanctuary of the pub next door.

Now, this is probably entirely coincidental, but the pub in question was the Hand & Flower in Olympia where, 40 years ago come 18th Feb, Roxy played only their third ever gig (no blue heritage plaque evident on the wall yet...).

Even more coincidentally was the proximity of BF headquarters... makes you wonder why J.O'B might be here and evidently so familiar with the area?

Well, I plied him with strong drink on your collective behalf (not easy, as he claimed not to have touched a drop for over two years, the poor man...) and got him to half promise that he'd sort of post something kind of soon(ish). :roll:

For now the only thing he's allowed me to reveal is that the tandoori cheese starter lived up to all his expectations. :lol:

Watch this space for breaking news (and wind!)...

Post subject: Re: J.O'B - man about town...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:18 am 

The Third Roxy Gig is a pretty significant distinction! They should have a commemorative plaque on the wall!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:22 am 

Breaking news?...well it can't be about the 40th as we already know all about that....hmmmmmmm! Hidden treasures to be announced maybe..its a bit too early for the guessing game.....I'll just sit pretty and wait patiently, full of excitement and eastern promise :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:45 am 

I'm sure we all appreciate your dedication Smudge in going out for a curry and some beers on our behalf, good to see you putting in some effort which I'm sure couldn't have been easy!! ;)
Now what will the news be? Final info on the content of the deluxe edition of the first album?? Crossing fingers, toes and everything else that can be crossed....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:14 pm 
Site Owner

Not much to report really I thank Sir Smudgy may have been pulling a few legs. He tried to ply me with the devil's brew but the words blood and stone sprung to mind. :D

I am working in Londonshire for 2 weeks so if there are any regulars here fancy meeting up for a few drinks next Wednesday/Thursday or Friday get in touch.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:05 pm 

Morning, Afternoon,Night, or all 3 !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:53 am 

This is a great news! I order serenata flowers in the uk as a celebration present for this happening. I also heard similar things but like always you cannot be sure of the rumors... But hey... At least there is some news about J.O'B! Sometimes I really wonder why some artists are so silent when it comes to new news!