VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ollie Forrest CD single & website launches
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:38 am 

Last Friday 20th I went to a bar/club called 93 Feet East in Brick Lane (on the site of the old Truman's brewery) in the east end of London for Ollie's latest gig.

The free, well attended 40 minute set was to promote the band's first CD single (two songs), copies of which were generously given to us afterwards in appreciation for our attendance & support; a very nice gesture.

The band is heavier live than on the CD, the only drawback of which is that Sewuese's beautiful backing vocals can sometimes get a little lost in the mix in smaller rooms.

This is becoming a very good little band with a loyal following; this loyalty is reciprocated, with many of us being sought out for a welcome back chat and thanks for our continued support. It's really surprising just how many of our faces & names get remembered. :D

The band's website, http://www.ollieforrest.com, also went live on Friday.

Post subject: Re: Ollie Forrest CD single & website launches
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 am 

Ollie Forrest are appearing at Rabbit Hole, Glastonbury Festival on Saturday between 3-3.45pm.

I wonder if they'll stay to watch Bryan on Saturday night. :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:07 am 

I wonder if they'll stay to watch Bryan on Saturday night.

I'd be surprised if they didn't, Paddy (unless they're fed up with being knee deep in mud before then!), as Ollie talks very warmly about BF and his time in the band.

And, of course, Sewuese & Emily Dolan-Davies have also worked with BF...

Of more interest might be whether any of BF's entourage would turn up early enough to support Ollie & Co.; that would be a nice gesture. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:50 am 

I was generously given a few extra copies of Ollie's CD single to send to friends who are fellow diehard fans of all things Roxy related. This has now been done and I have a couple left if anyone would like to be my new best friend! :lol:

I also picked up a few of the colour picture card flyers advertising the launch gig (these are A5 size, so approx. 7" x 5" or 18 x 12 cm), if anyone would like one.

The CDs were given away free, so I can't & won't eBay them, but obviousy it will cost me to post these items and overseas airmail shipping has become much more expensive over the past year; if you would like something sent to the far flung corners of the globe, perhaps you might have something (e.g. a live recording or small item of memorabilia) which you would consider offering in exchange...

Feel free to reply here or, better still, by private message (that would help us to avoid boring those who are not interested! ;) )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:05 am 

Don't seem to be able to edit my previous post (above)...

Just to clarify that the exchange suggestion only applies to the more expensive airmail end of the scale; domestic UK postage would be under a quid, so I wouldn't expect anything in return (unless you insist! :lol: ).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:37 pm 

Still have a couple of spare flyers from Ollie's CD launch gig, if anyone wants one as a freebie...