VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Save Air Studios campaign
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:52 pm 

A week or so ago I signed an online petition via Facebook to back this campaign. This message is designed to offer VRM members the same opportunity.

Air relocated to Hampstead, a wealthy north London area, several years ago and is now under threat by a neighbour's home improvement & redevelopment plans, i.e. the noise would mean Air having to close its doors for a prolonged period. The greater worry is that the lost revenue might mean that Air never re-opened for business.

The update e-mail just received reads as follows:

Dear All,

Thank you for all for signing the petition Save Air Studios and for spreading the word. This has been a tremendous response for just 4 days of the petition being up and running. Hampstead rocks!

We have 5,249 signatures now and I would like to get as many more as possible before midnight tonight because tomorrow I will be downloading the petition with signatures and comments and sending to a number of officials to show the strength of opposition to the development application for the house next to Air Studios which could see Air Studios close for good. The aim is to stop this development in its current form.

Do share with all your networks so we can maximise the response by midnight tonight. Thank you all so much!

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-air-studios

Best Regards,

Jessica Learmond-Criqui