VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Eddie Jobson - U.K. boxed set
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:33 pm 

I noticed in Eddie's online store at www.zealotslounge.com a few weeks ago that he was looking to pre-fund the creation of a U.K. boxed set. Today I tripped over an important update...

The basic box cost of $75 (inclusive of shipping) was to cover new 24-bit remastering of the three original albums (U.K., Danger Money & the live Night After Night) plus the addition of the 2011 Reunion double CD and a 1978 US radio broadcast by the original band (i.e. EJ, Wetton, Holdsworth & Bruford). So, 6 CDs; maybe 7, if some unused tracks from the Night After Night gig can be salvaged.

However, today I found an update by chance, which states that it could run to 10-14 discs, but that the basic price will increase from $75 to $105 with effect from 1st October.

Even with the time difference, that means US customers have today as a deadline, while the rest of the world might get away with a few extra hours (i.e. if it's still 30/9 in the USA).

I'm in; good luck, if you're joining in too! :D

Post subject: Re: Eddie Jobson - U.K. boxed set
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:00 pm 

This set has been delayed nearly as often/much as a BF solo album or a deluxe Roxy set! :lol: However, it's on the launch pad, with lift off scheduled for later this month.

The Amazon price of £164 is a bit eye watering, but the set has expanded to 18 CDs and EJ has held the original price for those of us who pre-funded (bless him!). :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Colle ... die+jobson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:01 am 

If anyone wants to celebrate EJ's lifetime achievement recognition at last weeks Prog Music Awards by belatedly picking up the 18 disc U.K. boxed set, it can currently be found here for $112 (a reduction of 34%):

http://www.popmarket.com/ultimate-colle ... 7070915025

Shipping seems to be free over $100 in the USA, while it's around $25 to European destinations. There might be tax to pay on receipt, depending on your country's Customs regulations, but it should still run in comfortably cheaper than from Amazon, for example.

The set is beautiful and EJ has stated that it won't be re-pressed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:47 am 

I totally agree that the UK - Ultimate box-set is staggering. One of the best boxes made, ever.