VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Like A Rolling Stone - or better not ...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:30 pm 

As you all know Charlie Watts has died at the age of 80. RIP. I wasn't a big Stones fan but own some of their albums.

To this day we are lucky to be fans of a band where all hard core members are still alive. Only founding member Graham Simpson and part time bassists John Gustafson and John Wetton (UK, Asia) have sadly passed away.

Time has brought several health restrictions for Bryan (voice), Andy + Paul (hands etc.) etc. Not to forget their age of 70 + (only Eddie is the Roxy youngster he always was).

Why do I point out that? If there is any inclination to plan a Roxy farewell concert or a small farewell tour they should hurry up.

Age and disease are constant companions and Covid could have come to stay but as far as I know all of them could at least be part of one concert while a lot of people in UK and elsewhere are vaccinated against Corona.

Think it over, dear Roxy "boys" 8-)

- Peter -

Post subject: Re: Like A Rolling Stone - or better not ...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:26 am 

This is a well worn path and usually prompts me to roll my eyes, but there's something about pianoman's timing and sentiment here that strikes a chord.

The 2011 tour had a great set list and visuals and it's a shame the video records languish somewhere, largely forgotten. That said, the performances were brisk, palpably impersonal - frosty even - and I've often thought if that's how it's going to be then maybe enough already.

However, ten years on, the dynamic has probably changed again (it has, after all, been forever in a constant state of flux) and who knows what the inexorable march of time / mortality might prompt? Maybe one last hurrah is feasible?

It was interesting on BBC News earlier today listening to an ABBA fan trying to think of any other group working on new recordings so long after their final release. Well Roxy could also steal that particular crown if they were so minded, but I'm drifting into the realms of fancy now! So much lost opportunity.