VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tour
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:14 pm 

Bearing in mind Israel's dismal record on human rights, is it ethical for BF & Co. to go to occupied Palestine? :|

Post subject: Re: Tour
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:47 pm 

mmizen wrote:
Bearing in mind Israel's dismal record on human rights, is it ethical for BF & Co. to go to occupied Palestine? :|

Given the ludicrous fall-out and obscene criticism BF got a few years ago, with the tabloids accusing him of being a Nazi admirer, I wonder if the same journos will now consider retracting their cretinous comments?

The guy had Jewish managers at the time for goodness sake!

Ethics are a very personal matter and probably best left alone (I appreciate you put a neutral smilie on your post so please don't think I'm criticising you). Just because you or I don't agree with the politics of Israel, Human Rights behaviour or otherwise, there are many countries with dubious records in this area - including the UK (current torture of alleged terrorists, history in N. Ireland), USA (same, Guantanamo Bay), Japan (whale fishing) and China - Andy Mackay never got in bother for visiting there and producing Resolving Contradictions at a time that country was responsible for huge subjugation of its people, did he?

We can all find something, somewhere, that we find morally distasteful.

There are far worse examples of dodgy ethics in showbiz - and I'm not saying BF is "wrong" to go to Israel - both Queen and Cliff Richard (probably the worst example) played South Africa when apartheid was rife and SA was despised globally.

Post subject: Re: Tour
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:11 am 

Well I would like to say that Israel's track record regarding Human Rights . I do not in favor that BF & Co should go in Palestine .