VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: RAH Dec 74?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:44 pm 

I always thought it would be great if Bryan had a 'Live Archive' web shop where we could buy downloads of concerts that are made available.

It would ensure that us hardcore fans can get the delights of live material that wouldn't commercially be viable to produce. He could release current concerts as the tour progresses and then archive concerts such as the RAH '74 one.

I'm a big Springsteen fan as well and he has an excellent site where you can purchase live shows from current tours as well as previous ones.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:54 pm 

Scott wrote:
I always thought it would be great if Bryan had a 'Live Archive' web shop where we could buy downloads of concerts that are made available.

It would ensure that us hardcore fans can get the delights of live material that wouldn't commercially be viable to produce. He could release current concerts as the tour progresses and then archive concerts such as the RAH '74 one.

I'm a big Springsteen fan as well and he has an excellent site where you can purchase live shows from current tours as well as previous ones.

Mes Amis,

The great Scott a propose quelque chose vraiment intéressant.

Being an elegantly aged hipster, Windswept is probably not the correct person to ask about 'newish media'.

That said, as you all know, he has an opinion about all things - especially all things Ferry - and would venture that Jesmond Dene's approach to this is all a bit fire, steady, aim. W2 thinks that our hero would be much better off focusing everything on a web site that could be monetised.

Instead, we have a website that bubbles to life occasionally and then sleeps for long periods. Then there is a little bit of twatter on twitter and some of that awful Facebook stuff.

Our hero has magnificent archive material and it deserves to be showcased and curated in a way that befits his artistic status.

The upcoming 'With Strings' fandango and the Hollywood Bowl would be a great thing to share and charge for as an exclusive....for example.

Hopefully it is being recorded - the second night in Dublin certainly should have been.

Ferry on and have a wonderful summer.

a bientôt .

Windswept

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:41 am 

So, per the link on the VRM Facebook page, the release date for this is now "next year" (please Bryan, don't ever diversify and start a parcel delivery service :D ). Funny how time slips away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm 

If the fast approaching tour will be supporting this album, presumably a press release about the release date is imminent?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 am 

Here's a link to a 1975 Rolling Stone article/interview with BF that I recently stumbled across. It has a description of the Dec 1974 RAH solo gig that is worth reading.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/feat ... y-19750424

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:52 am 

A good read, thanks DCJ. Much of this is still written today, laced with hindsight but it's good to go back and read something contemporaneous.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:13 pm 

Excellent read, not seen it before. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:15 am 

Hi John,

Do you have any update as to the status of this release?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:29 am 
Site Owner

I have not had an update on this lately. I will see what I can find out and what can be anmounced about it.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:15 pm 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
I have not had an update on this lately. I will see what I can find out and what can be anmounced about it.

J.O'B.

RAH 74 is the one thing. But the other one is the promised new album with Babylon Berlin material. Bryan himself announced it in an interview with a German newspaper in July. Or was it only hot air?

By the way: I saw Bryan performing Bitter Sweet and Reason Or Rhyme in Babylon Berlin. What a glamorous, spectacular show! Songs and singer fitted perfectly. I'm glad I didn't miss this.