VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: bf in marbs...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:00 pm 

setlist : spell on you, slave to love, don't stop the dance, tom thumb's blues, if there is something, make you feel my love, oh yeah!, casanova, reason or rhyme, like a hurricane, tara, chance meeting, more than this, avalon, my only love, all along the watchtower, editions of you, let's stick together, jealous guy, love is the drug, hold on i'm coming.

a few points of interest...

this was a sensational show - full of power. the crowd were fairly muted in the 1st half, although bf moved left early on to acknowledge a pocket of 'screamers'! however, the energy steadily cranked up, and after the 15min interval (between hurricane & tara) it got pretty wild. several standing claps for various solo's (including an absolute belter on 'my only love' from ollie t), and by the time of let's stick together everyone was on their feet - and remained so dancing, clapping, singing until long after the band had left the stage.

bf looked to be having a whale of a time, even giggling a little as he sang the opening lines of let's stick together...

spedding used an acoustic on 'make you feel my love' - the first time i believe. cherisse was again on the kit for chance meeting & more than this. ian dixon has assumed sax & keyboard duties as jorja was looking massively pregnant at guilfest.

johnny marr sounded great - i feel his performance at guilfest was hindered by festival sound; here, the sound was exceptional. he took solo's on tom thumb & watchtower, as well as interplaying with spedding on the long outro solo of hurricane. the true moment of greatness, however, happened during let's stick together. we had the usual sax, girls & bf harmonica solo, and then guitarists got their turn. ollie & chris played nice bluesy things, but when it came to marr's turn he jumped forward and started playing a surf guitar lick using the tuning peg to create that sound, as well as adopting a sweeping surf pose. hopefully this is on youtube somewhere because it was brilliant.

i understand that marr is also playing the show in belgium - on last night's performance i would urge you to try & get there. bf is on magnificent form and this band is fantastic - catch 'em while you can!

px