VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ferry in Sønderborg saturday 31st of august
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm 

http://www.bt.dk/musik/bryan-ferry-til- ... g-historie

"Danes have style and history"

Talks about new album coming out in may.

Google says:

"Concert Saturday

Tomorrow gives rock legend Bryan Ferry concert in Mølleparken in Sønderborg. Ferry tells BT why he never gets tired of performing in Denmark .

- I love playing for people with both style and history. And the Danes have plenty of both. It is important to embrace the modern times . But it is equally important to stick with tradition. And that balance is the Danes experts , says Bryan Ferry.

And the same balancing act is the 67 -year-old Roxy Music frontman himself somewhat of an expert i.Således he has ever since career beginning in 1971 managed to blend the traditional with the nearest future musical expression. And the concert in Sønderborg bring Ferry indeed an orchestra , which contains both modern rock and jazz from the swinging 1920s .

- We pay for the jazz orchestra. Here, we both traditional songs and reinterpretations of mine and Roxy's songs. And finally we mix jazz guys with the young guys from my rock band. And we finish off with a bang , says Bryan Ferry, at home in the London studio while working on new material .

- I never get tired of creating new music. I can still remember how it felt when I brought my first Charlie Parker vinyl ep home from the store . And that's the feeling I always try to recreate , says Bryan Ferry.

Until Christmas concert calendar studded . And why should fans be patient . Thus comes the new album (mainly with new Ferry compositions ) first on the street to May next year.

Afraid of the ' blank page '

But there is also something to look forward to . As usual work Ferry namely hard and long to deliver the best possible material.

- I can sometimes be a little afraid of the ' blank page ' . It is both scary, but also exciting to start something new when you happen to have delivered songs that you are proud of . And therefore I will never rush me , says Bryan Ferry.

And what about Roxy Music , health and children? Read more in a long personal interview with BT on Sunday."

Last edited by Roxyboy on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ferry in Sønderborg saturday 31st of august
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:11 pm 

BF enjoys using non-Brit media outlets to drop significant info about new album releases. If I recall correctly, TJA album was first mentioned in an interview for some Spanish 'zine.

Thanks for the post Roxyboy!