VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Merchandise ideas
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:08 am 

I wonder if BF has considered an Archive Series of CDs, similar to the ones documenting Neil Young's career?

I'm thinking along the lines of a series of live shows from different parts of his career, e.g. there are bootlegs floating around from the early solo days (although some serious magic would have to be worked on the sound quality in some cases!), including at least half a dozen from the 1977 tour (with Detroit being possibly the best) that I'd dearly loved to have witnessed in person... These would include songs which many fans will never have heard played live and it would be great to hear them with commercial quality sound.

With FYP wall mirrors still selling on eBay from time to time, I wondered what other interesting merch items could be considered? At a recent Beth Hart gig I noticed that hip flasks were for sale (this appealed to my love of the politically incorrect, as well as feeding my warped sense of humour, given that the wonderful Ms Hart is a reformed alcoholic!); maybe BF could mine this un-PC seam further, with cigarette lighters & cigar cutters?! :lol:

Maybe others among you can come up with further ideas, sensible or otherwise...