A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Danish guitarist with Ferry, danish magazine article
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:53 am 

http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/84374

Google says:

Bryan Ferry's new guitarist is Danish

We have spoken with Quist that can be experienced with the British legend of Danish scenes in the autumn

By Ole Rosenstand Svidt
Photo: Rasmus Quistgaard

In October, giving the iconic English singer and songwriter Bryan Ferry three Danish concerts in Copenhagen ( Tivoli Concert Hall October 21 ) , Randers ( Power Station October 23 ) and Esbjerg ( Concert Hall October 24 ) . Ferry has on his current tour got a new lead guitarist , pear Danish , London -domiciled Jacob Quistgaard , also known as Quist . We have spoken with Quist on cooperation with the former Roxy Music singer.

How did you get in contact with Bryan Ferry?

- His manager contacted me . Him I have been in contact with a handful of years ago a period where I played much acoustic guitar and wrote many songs. He is also a lawyer , so I ask him for advice on various contracts from time to time . He has been working with a number of Scandinavian artists - among other Rasmus Walter and Grand Avenue boys . But beyond that , I had already worked with several musicians who have worked with Bryan Ferry - maybe someone who has put in a good word ... who knows .

What do you think you can contribute in his songs ?

- In many ways, my own style as a guitarist and there, where I come from musically, not tremendously far from the general " tone" that is tender after the Bryans music , so I can pretty high degree just let the music flow and make my best to help create a great show . It is perhaps an ability to play effective rock guitar while having an extra " gear" when the music moves into artrockens more experimental tracks. I have spent a lot of time to improvise in all possible and impossible contexts but can also play things exactly where it is needed . We play a lot of Roxy Music songs , so it's pretty big shoes to fill ... Phil Manzanera is a monster !

What's it like to play alongside Ferry?

- Great , fun , inspiring, challenging and educational. Bryan is extremely passionate about her songs and music - and super professional . The band are some of the best musicians I've ever worked with - from young rising star session likes of drummer Cherisse Osei ( Mika , Paloma Faith ) to basveteranen Guy Pratt, who has beaten its folds with Pink Floyd.

How has the tour been so far?

- Our West Coast U.S. tour in April went very well . The American fans did really well against Bryan , and he's got a lot of good reviews with them . There are three new members in the band ; me , rhythm guitarist and pianist , which also is musical director - as there were many new factors for Bryan to get used to . I must say that I think it went beyond all expectations, and the band played tremendously well together during the tour.

Why are not you with the Ferry's forthcoming album?

- I only started working with Bryan in early 2014 , and I think he had already put a lot of guitar before we really started working together - and without mentioning names , it is some heavy names with ! However, I am not 100 percent sure that there is no possibility of that happening ...

You've played with many big names , but are not as well known in Denmark . Do you have any bids on why?

- A combination of factors. I have spent very little time in Denmark since I moved to London as a teenager. But also - outside - my profile as a musician probably been a little confusing and not very easy to categorize . It is only in the last handful of years , I've started getting positioned internationally , which is probably linked to a decision that I took some years ago to focus mostly on what I do best - playing the guitar .

What else you got started in music at the moment?

- I am in the process of recording an instrumental album under my own name, Quist - basically used my own projects before the next Bryan Ferry concerts . I just signed the contract in the United States for my YouTube channel, QuistTV , which is tremendous growth. In addition, write and I record music for Guitar Techniques Magazine - and has also just signed a publishing contract for my second book, which I have made with one of Britain's session - guitar - veterans. And in the last six months time , I am beginning to work with some people in LA's film industry , so I have also started to use some of my time creating music for film .