VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Live DVDs - why so long between recording and release?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:49 am 

Whilst we await Bryan's new studio album and more live shows with the current band line up, is there any likelihood of a DVD and BluRay release any time soon of any of the BFO shows that so many of us on here enjoyed in 2013? We know that Shepherds Bush at least was officially filmed.

Why is there such a long gap with Bryan's live releases? The Live in Lyon DVD was filmed in July 2011 but not released on DVD until September 2013, more than 2 years later, by which time Bryan was touring with the orchestra. Surely the post-production stuff doesn't take that long. I saw Peter Gabriel at the O2 in London last October a few weeks before I saw Bryan at the Royal Albert Hall: the film of the Gabriel show has already been screened in cinemas and comes out on DVD/BluRay in late June.

I suppose Bryan is trying to avoid flooding the market with too much product in a short space of time (us poor fans can only afford so much :( ) but it does seem another wasted opportunity, particularly as the acclaim the shows received seemed to please Bryan greatly.