VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: So, will there be a new album this year?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:58 pm 

Now that Glastonbury is packed away in the memory bag and BF has only four more public gigs scheduled for this summer (and three of them will be completed in less than two weeks) the questions arises: Will there be a new album to accompany the many Fall gigs he has scheduled?

It would seem logical that the long awaited new album would be promoted as part of the Fall tour, but maybe not. If a new album is to be released this fall the PR machine would seemingly need to start cranking up pretty soon. Or will it all be pushed off until next year? Sigh. I hope not.

Time keeps on slipping slipping into the future...

Post subject: Re: So, will there be a new album this year?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:26 pm 

I'm hopeful there will be. He was reported to have filmed a promo recently which I took to be very encouraging, although BMG's website page for BF still pre-dates TJA. You'd think they at least would be signalling a forthcoming release, even if it didn't go as far as an album title and / or specific release date.
Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:08 pm 

Reportedly to what he said before his US tour in May, Bryan should be working with Andy these days...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:32 pm 

So far it's gone from late May/June to September then late October, he was still recording in late April in LA as per a pic on his website with Marcus Miller. He'll be Stateside by then so won't be able to do much promo work here in the UK.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:49 pm 

I think the guy works his n*** off when compared to many other rock stars. However, whilst I too hope for a Fall/Autumn release in 2014, I suspect we might be nearer the mark if we think Autumn 2015. Why? Past experience, that's all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:43 pm 

Reportedly to what he said before his US tour in May, Bryan should be working with Andy these days...

I'm not sure he actually mentioned working with Andy, did he? For all we know, any contact between them might have been about stuff that's already been recorded (e.g. the Roxy 40+ years boxed sets, the 2011 tour DVD that never was etc. etc.).

As for the new solo album, wasn't it being mixed with a view to a September release? It might yet make it in time for the Xmas market... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 am 

What the journalist wrote was this:

"When asked whether there is another chapter in the Roxy Music annals, Ferry says the following: “There are bits and pieces of new songs floating around from the last reunion (in 2001) and I will be seeing Andy Mackay, who I kind of started the band with, when I get back to the U.K.

“He’s an incredibly funny fellow and I really enjoy his company.”

OK, that says absolutely nothing about any future music or tours by the seminal rock band. But Ferry maintains that he’s always enticed by enthusiastic works in progress. That could always add up to another round of Roxy."

He talks about "new songs floating around" and "seeing Andy". I don`t want to jump to conclusions, so saying "working with Andy" was maybe a bit bombastic. However, it could just as well be the case.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:41 am 

I think the matter is exciting. Bryan is 70 years old next year. What that would be a headline if Roxy would report back with a new album. Phil has always said that some of the songs were finished , they sound fantastic, others were not so good and which still needed to be worked on.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:46 am 

Saw a scratchy online translation of a recent Spanish interview earlier this week and BF's still talking about the new album appearing this year (October now). :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:33 pm 

Uwe wrote:
Phil has always said that some of the songs were finished , they sound fantastic, others were not so good and which still needed to be worked on.

I think it was Phil who said at the time that he compared the songs to material from For Your Pleasure, Siren and Avalon.