VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Will he make an impact?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:29 pm 

In the light of his new release, I was thinking of the fact that even a good album has problems these days. You know the shrug, the who?, the demography problem, etc... :?:

Post subject: Re: Will he make an impact?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:38 pm 

I think it is very difficult to make an impact nowadays. Recently there was press comment that hardly any records (CDs..showing my age!) make platinum. I think that is why Bryan is doing so much promotion for this CD. I'm glad to see there is no streaming version like 'Olympia' (which last time I looked was still on 'the Guardian' website)- I think streaming reduces sales (Some artists have even pulled albums off 'Spotify'). I think the days of high top 10 entrys (like 'Frantic'-one of my all time favourites and 'Dylanesque' may be behind us)- I hope I am wrong as this so far sounds like a great album. With record stores gone the reality is you need to sell in Tesco,Asda and Sainbury's- the glamour of it all!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:33 pm 

-Or to put it in another way; why is Kurt Kobain more popular than Bryan Ferry? There must be some code here to be broken. You can feel it, can`t you? Just think of how many times the music mag Mojo has covered The Nirvana leader. Speaking for myself, I`m proud to belong to the generation that was too old to "get" this band.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm 

le freak wrote:
-Or to put it in another way; why is Kurt Kobain more popular than Bryan Ferry? There must be some code here to be broken. You can feel it, can`t you? Just think of how many times the music mag Mojo has covered The Nirvana leader. Speaking for myself, I`m proud to belong to the generation that was too old to "get" this band.

Got to agree with ya, don't get why a deceased junkie is so popular. Maybe something to do with the telly? I couldn't name a song they or he did!! And I'm not bothered that I can't.. but I hope BF does...