VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bryan Ferry Promo Videos
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:14 pm 
Site Owner

Roxy Music released the DVD 'The Thrill Of It All' A Visual History with promo Videos TV appearances and live footage year or so ago. If BF did something similar what would we like to see on it. What are you favourite promo videos.

The Video Collection was released in UK in 1995 with a lot of Promos on that but it has never been released here in UK (It was in USA with a not very good transfer to DVD as the master tapes where not used)

What are your favourite Ferry videos from that release and what other ones do you like. I never liked the song 'Help Me' until I saw a promo video for it on a copy of a copy video tape. The video was simple but superb, same goes for Dance With Life.

Your Painted Smile is a good one and I remember BryanFerry.com having an alternative video for Mamouna on there. Some of the Top Of The Pops appearances have been lost/erased, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes springs to mind but I was only 9 then and wanting to be a tractor driver when that was on so I was either off to bed with cocoa and comics or playing with my lego in the corner ignoring the TV when that was on.

(By the way, I don't have the tractor desire anymore... I am an extractor fan)

J.O'B.

Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Promo Videos
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:40 am 

I love the one Bryan did on the Tube - Boys and Girls (take a look at youtube)

Look for Bryan / Roxy at TOPPOP (dutch pop program) and countless other popprograms at youtube - his interviews on japanese television ........... just great.

One night I saw a video of a french television show - Bryan with his "gang" on R&R (Rayban and Raincoat) - big laugh

Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Promo Videos
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:27 pm 

I wish we could get a definitive video collection of all promo videos and all TV appearances, a different one for live concerts, etc, etc. The Thrill of it all is really disjinted, with part of Stockholm 1976a few TV appearances, tc. It leaves a lot of gaps.