Driving Me Wild
This Is Tomorrow
Sign of The Times
Hard Rain
These Foolish Things

Post subject: Re: Avonmore Tour Set List
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:34 pm 

Elegantly Ageing Hipsters,

We will be awaiting the real time announcement with bated breath but it would be great if it was this:

1) Manifesto.

2) Avonmore

3) Loop De Li

4) 2HB

5) Simple Twist Of Fate

6) More Than This (Bar room version)

7) Reason Or Rhyme

8) What Goes On

9) Take Me To The River

10) Hold On I'm Coming

Interval & Suit Change (Hopefully into Anderson & Sheppard)

11) Midnight Train

12) Casanova

13) Take A Chance With Me

14) Soldier Of Fortune

15) Knockin' On Heaven's Door

16) The Name Of The Game (new bar room version arranged for W2)

17) Like A Hurricane

18) Mother Of Pearl

19) Virginia Plain

18) A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

19) All Along The Watch Tower

20) Running Wild

21) Johnny & Mary

What a show this could make with the right animation!

Salutations,
Windswept

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:12 pm 

Oui, ws2, je suis d'accord. And especially it would be interesting to hear The name of the game! but please no VP! Instead, Fool for love!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:24 pm 

Fellow Ferry Fanatics,
This is my first post after watching this site for some time. I feel for your excitement of the upcoming tour dates. I hope the set list and BF's voice meet expectations. Living on the other side of the pond I caught several shows last year. Vegas and L.A. and then later in the fall at The Beacon in NYC. Having been a huge RM and BF fan for nearly 40 years I thought this might be his last US tour so I wanted to catch as many as possible. While there were a few bright spots overall I was less than blown away as I have come to expect.
The set list had a few old classics, but way to much Love is the Drug, Slave To Love, Avalon, Jealous guy etc etc. Bryan was on keyboard for over 65% of the show which is fine except he was parked way in the back corner. Unless you had seats on a opposite angle you could not see him. On the numbers he did front and center, the lyrics were significantly supported by the ladies and Fonzie(NY only). The band... what can I say . The term Roxy Lite is spot on. Decent musicians but zero stage presence except perhaps for JC on sax. It is clear BF still wants to play RM songs(over 80% of setlist) but why he wont get RM back together to play them is frustrating. My guess is economics. I hate to say it but lets face it, the split this current band is getting is, I am confident, much less than PM/AM/PT, would demand. Also the production is significantly less than a RM show. Quite frankly it is pretty thin on many fronts.
Hope the current tour proves me wrong, but I would guide to lower expectations.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:14 am 

Oberon wrote:
Oui, ws2, je suis d'accord. And especially it would be interesting to hear The name of the game! but please no VP! Instead, Fool for love!

Cher Oberon,
Tu a raison. Je fais le changement tout suit. 'Fool For Love' is a great choice and it is difficult to see what they could add to VP.
I've been playing this list and it works really well. I'd love to see him give 'The Name Of The Game' the 'More Than This' treatment. The lyrics are really haunting and that Ferry melancholy is so omnipresent.
It's just a fabulous song.
On a broader note, I do think that this time out he will have to dig deep and come up with a really creative play list. Hopefully it's in the bag and there will be a great show to go with it.
Walking thru' the favourites with this band won't cut it because we've all heard better interpretations before. The standards worked really well for AEWBF because of TBFO. The arrangements were great and they added a frisson to the whole affair.
I've never left a Ferry/Roxy concert anything less than elated but I have to confess, if I'd seen last years standard show, I think I'd have been disappointed.
AEWBF was such a career high following it was always going to be difficult but I'm sure our hero won't rest on his laurels.
Here's looking forward to Brighton (if the tickets ever arrive).
Salutations,
Windswept

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:33 am 

cpl5938 wrote:
Fellow Ferry Fanatics,
This is my first post after watching this site for some time.....
......Hope the current tour proves me wrong, but I would guide to lower expectations.

Cher cp15938,
Bienvenue!
I saw a number of Ferry/Roxy gigs when I was living in the US and one of my fondest memories comes from his 'Frantic' show at 'The Beacon' in November 2002 - what a gig that was!
As for your other points, personally I see completely where you are coming from.
I'm praying to the Ferry Gods that 'The Name Of The Game' is change.
Following the set list live on the 6th is going to be a welcome change from the election! The only 'Manifesto'I want to hear is from our hero.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:27 pm 

Great set list Windswept2, I would really enjoy it.

I'm hoping for Avonmore to be well represented too although I Put A Spell On You is my favourite opener - with magic glitter thrown out from his pockets! Goosebumps.

Filled with eager anticipation, never been disappointed even with his throat issues at Kenwood House a few years back. Keep it punchy and pack in the tunes. Confident that the band have been well drilled and chosen by Mr Ferry. Oh, and decent visuals too - it is a show after all.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:35 pm 

If only he would play All I Want Is You for the first time in soooo many years.

Will be interesting to see how much prominence is given to the Avonmore material after last year's Roxy-dominated set lists.