VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ferry/Wachtel
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:40 am 
Site Owner

Tonight's Bryan Ferry show in Edinburgh had a nice surprise. Bride Stripped Bare guitarist and Producer Waddy Wachtel joined Bryan and the band onstage for Can't Let Go, the first time they have performed live together.

J.O'B.

Post subject: Re: Ferry/Wachtel
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:18 am 

Good to hear, J.O'B. That's what some members here had predicted or at least hoped for. Ferry/Wachtel/Marotta etc. was a very fruitful cooperation and TBSB such a strong album.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:17 am 

I only caught part of the support act but the first thing I noticed was one of the guitar players. I said to my wife, I recognise him but it wasn't until he was named that I recalled who it was but my association for Waddy was for his work with the late great Warren Zevon. So yes, a bonus that Bryan brought him out to play.

The last time I'd seen BF was at the Tivoli show in Copenhagen last October. Last night's show in Edinburgh absolutely blew that way in so many respects. People on here had said that Bryan's voice was so much better than late last year and having witnessed last night, I can only happily agree.

As an Edinburgher, even I admit, the Glasgow crowds are amongst the best anywhere in terms of enthusiasm but last night Edinburgh again did Bryan proud. a great reception for Bryan and the band and the loudest cheer (ably assisted by me ;) ) for Jorja.

A terrific night - thanks Bryan!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:51 pm 

8-)

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:08 pm 

When I had a brief chat with Waddy at the Oxford gig, I told him it would be nice to hear him guest on one of the TBSB songs as the tour progressed; he agreed & was really keen on the idea (I don't think he'd ever played live with BF?), so I suggested that he should find a good moment to mention it to BF...

I don't know if Waddy did raise the subject with BF, but I'm glad it came to fruition anyway. :D I wondered if they might leave it until the Royal Albert Hall, but maybe us southern softies will get a reprise and the benefit of their Edinburgh "rehearsal"! ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:16 pm 

This is an excellent twist of fate. Marvellous. I'm so glad some of our fellow VRMers have seen WW/BF in action. I doubt (but would love)that he makes it down to brighton.....

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:45 am 

I doubt (but would love)that he makes it down to brighton.....

Well, WW should be in Brighton, as Judith Owen's band has been booked for the whole UK tour; how often BF invites him on stage is harder to guess, but we can hope. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:20 pm 

Smudge wrote:
I doubt (but would love)that he makes it down to brighton.....

Well, WW should be in Brighton, as Judith Owen's band has been booked for the whole UK tour; how often BF invites him on stage is harder to guess, but we can hope. :)

Fingers crossed.
The reviews (from VRMers and mags/papers alike) are looking v good. I'm tantalised.