VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Limited edition lithograph
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:29 pm 

Does anyone else here have one of these and have any idea of its market value?

I have vague recollections of seeing them on the merchandise stand during the Dylanesque tour in 2007 (I bought one at auction later) and it's embossed in the bottom right corner as part of a limited edition of only 200 (mine's numbered 57/200). Autographed by BF in what appears to be permanent gold marker.

My problem is that I'm running out of available wall space (or so Mrs Smudge tells me!) and it's quite a big beastie (approx 33 x 23.5 inches or 84 x 60 cm), so framing will be expensive. Trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and pay for the framing or to sell it while it can rolled in a tube and posted/shipped easily...

Attachments:
BF litho3.jpg
BF litho3.jpg [ 134.25 KiB | Viewed 12040 times ]
BF litho2.jpg
BF litho2.jpg [ 143.61 KiB | Viewed 12040 times ]
BF litho.jpg
BF litho.jpg [ 199.83 KiB | Viewed 12040 times ]

Post subject: Re: Limited edition lithograph
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:44 am 

I have one of these, which I bought at the Cardiff show during the Dylanesque tour.

My hubby had it framed for me as a Christmas present back then. It now has pride of place in our dining room. Much to my delight as I generally sit in the chair opposite it and the puzzlement of house guests who don't know of my 'passion' for all thing Roxy and Bryan and some who don't know who either are! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:25 am 

I got one of these but mine is signed in black marker. I don't know what the secondary market price would be now Smudge but they sold for £25 on the night. It can fit in a large Ikea Ribba frame if you use the mount provided. A very small part of the picture is lost and you can't see the number/embossed stamp but if you are on a budget it can work. :)

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:58 am 
Site Owner

I have number 1/200 and got it before BF signed them all, so I decided to keep it unsigned.

I spent a bit on a frame and hung in my wee recording studio. Got it in storage just now.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:52 pm 

It can fit in a large Ikea Ribba frame if you use the mount provided. A very small part of the picture is lost and you can't see the number/embossed stamp but if you are on a budget it can work.

That's actually how I bought mine, Roxy, but I don't like the frame, as it doesn't fit in with our other framed items (e.g. it's a natural/pine colour and the others are black, perspex/plastic instead of glass etc.), plus, as you said, the limited edition details were masked by the mount.

If I decide to sell, I'd offer the IKEA frame as a freebie, if the buyer wanted to collect (offered it to my local picture framer, but he told me he leaves them outside his shop as scrap/freebies!).

Thanks to you & J.O'B, as always, for the background info. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:15 pm 

Got number 195 and got it professionally framed for 150€

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 18.54 KiB | Viewed 11710 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:28 pm 

Looks good, Herci, and SO much better in a black frame (although 150 euros for framing is enough to bring a tear to the eye! lol). :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:18 pm 

Thanks Smudge. Framing is indeed expensive. But at least it's done right. It protects your litho. Some special passe-partout that preserves it. For these things I don't prefer Ikea stuff. It's all fitted perfectly. And I' m not good at measuring and making passe-partouts. It would just fall down in the frame. And I think the litho is pretty valuable. Numbered and signed so... I splashed my money. It's also hanging in the living room. So it needs to look professional.

I got a signed print from a collage artist at 150€ and got it framed for 150€. But if you re-sell these things in a professional frame they are worth a lot more than in a crappy frame. Wouldn't frame a poster for 150€ but something signed and numbered is worth it.

I also got the black FYP litho , which is signed by the whole band framed for the same price. And it was done by a chain. Equally as expensive. Probably still got a purple one unsigned rolled up in a tube somewhere.