VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry 'Avonmore' Special Edition
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:02 pm 

Yet another mess up ! Bryan's marketing people should be shot !! Whats so special about this ?!!! A Dvd from the tour, and a few out takes, instrumental versions, demos, etc would have me reaching for my wallet ! But, no, we get, coloured vinyl, a load of photos and a load of remixes.! Yawn .......zzzzzzz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:14 pm 

Helen wrote:

I just hope that it comes back signed as I'm hoping to put it away and save it until Christmas day..not sure I'll succeed but I'll give it a go.
If it reveals an unsigned package I'll be gutted and back on here on Christmas day fully loaded with Martini and swearing like a trouper..... :o Should be good.

The ticking clock waits for no one

Cheerio x[/color]

Cher Helen,
W2 hopes it is a thing of great beauty and that it bares our hero's signature when it arrives chez-vous.
Unlike some of our feather boa loving brethren, Windswept applauds the fact that his product marketing efforts are put behind his more recent work rather than constantly revisiting the 'Roxy' catalogue.
That said, more live DVD/CD collections would, IWNSHO, be the way to go and the pricing is un peut tros particularly when the photos are available to view on line (www.matthewbeckerphoto.com)
IWNSHO, AEWBF CD/DVD collection would have been an absolute master stroke, as would a DVD/CD collection from the 'Avonmore', Roxy Heavy leg.
As to your question as to will you be the only one ordering? W2 seriously doubts that but he also seriously doubts that you will be killed in the rush but hey, time will tell.
In any event, enjoy and remember, all Ferry is good Ferry (except IYLSE).
Have a very Ferry Christmas when it arrives.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:04 pm 

Hi Helen, thanks for sharing your excitement about the Avonmore special edition. I am feeling the same.

Before purchasing it would be good to know a little more about what is being purchased. In particular, the track listing of the two remix cd's. I have the Soundcloud remixes already which would fill one cd and they are very good. What's on the second cd? I think it's standard practice to list the tracks that one is buying.

Perhaps John could help?

Ps maybe there will be a budget version (non vinyl) for next years tour.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:28 pm 

I wish they would release every song individually on white vinyl with a remix of the same song and a few photos . Then I would buy all of them and it would be an early Xmas pressie. And a limited edition T Shirt individually numbered together with a pen with Bryans face on it . And a key chain too !! Wonderful ! Exciting !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:25 pm 

I fully understand where everyone's coming from, not the biggest fan of re-mixes myself, never have been but I do think it's quite a nice item, kinda matches the Olympia box set, we all have different tastes, I ordered my copy as did one of my mates, he cant wait as he loves the re-mixes a lot, and being £100 don't really feel this is too bad for the folk who want to buy it, i'm also a Queen fan and they would at least charge nearly double for something like this? maybe Bryan and or Roxy will release something soon that will be more suitable for all us older fans? Were at least lucky he's still making great new music as well as touring. :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:11 pm 

Helen wrote:
If it reveals an unsigned package I'll be gutted and back on here on Christmas day fully loaded with Martini and swearing like a trouper..... :o Should be good.

The ticking clock waits for no one

Cheerio x

Hi Helen,

I truely hope you'll get a signed copy, even though I must admit I'd really love to see what happens if you don't :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:29 pm 

Most of us here are obviously more interested in the music than in collectors items, and I think the criticism is justified that contentwise the deluxe edition doesn't contain enough new material to be interesting for die hard fans like us.

But on the other hand I, also, don't think the package is overprized ... after all it contains seven items, which is an average price of 14,28£ each. It's not a bargain either, but I can't see that as scandalously overprized. If somebody has an average European income 100£ or 150€ is not a big deal. It's about the same I've paid last time I've bought myself a new fountain pen. *shrug*

My problem is currently that I don't have an average European income, because due to an illness I haven't been able to work during the last couple of years and I'm now living on a ridiculously small invalidity pension (if that's the right word - I'm not invalid, thank goodness, and it's nothing life threatening, I'm just not able to work). So, no deluxe edition for me, but I can hardly blame Mr Ferry for my financial situation, nor for the exchange rate. But I'm secretly hoping that maybe the deluxe edition doesn't sell out completely and a few leftover items will be flogged at amazon's or jpc's in a year from now and I'll get my chance to grab one eventually.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:46 am 

Hi Helen
I ordered mine on Saturday-fingers crossed for a signature!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:06 am 

Chers amis!

Grace à Mme Oberon, I´ll now get Lana Del Rei for birthday and Deluxe&Delightful för Christmas. My wife knows how to please me...

A note to BF and his team: Thank you very much for an all in all great year Still - voodoo warning! - what happened to the live cd/dvd BFO. Down in limbo? If so, the crime will be reported soon!
Bonne journée à tout le monde!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:14 am 

Forensic Ferryistas,
The cover of the special edition should be great.
David Downton is a really good artist who has produced some fabulous work (http://www.daviddownton.com)
Naturally enough, his commission was to take Ferry's image from the 'Avonmore' album cover. Personally, I'd have loved to see him draw 'The Bonny Lad' as he is today — he's become more charismatic as he's aged.
W2 is still hesitating over this 'Special Edition'. The completist in him says yes whilst the consumer in him says you've had quite enough.
That said, Windswept will confess to having a nice Smythson 'More Than This' note book — it is much admired and was seriously considering asking Mrs W for the 'Manifesto' version for Christmas. He's not sure Ian.S will approve but he thinks he'll do it anyway.
a bientôt,
Windswept

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next