VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry 'Avonmore' Special Edition
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:43 pm 

The last time I looked at the listing on Amazon there was no details and the price was quite a bit higher.

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:20 am 

@Roxy Yup, I think it was 147£ about a week ago :o

The price on amazon.de is 111€, about the same as on JPC.de - which at the current exchange rate equals about 78£. For those of you who live on that island in the northeast it's probably the better deal to order from Germany.

(JPC.de charges 5,99€ for shipping to GB and 12,99€ to the US.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 pm 

Well, it is my own fault. Received today, unsigned, and in my opinion not worth the full price I paid. I'd price it at about €60. Whatever, whoever wins the lucky draw and gets a signed book, good luck to you.
Rather disappointed, especially considering what generous special editions from other artists are out on the pre-Christmas market.
Ps. The book was shrinkwrapped, just makes me wonder how the signing was arranged and randomly distributed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:40 pm 

Sorry to hear that, StephenPep; your assessment of the set's worth/value is interesting.

Curious to know from where you ordered yours; I'm assuming not from BF.com, as the signed ones aren't due to be allocated before this Friday.

My guess was, and remains, that the 100 signed copies will be distributed to those who buy direct from BF.com, rather than from other retailers (including Amazon & JPC).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:13 pm 

Smudge, a lot of us who made pre-orders direct with BF.com were notified yesterday that the orders have been dispatched. The chance to get a signed copy was exclusive to pre-orders made with BF.com.

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:12 am 

Thanks for the update, Roxy, although it does seem at odds with the statement in BF.com, i.e. if all pre-orders before 4th Dec have a chance of qualifying for a signed copy, it suggests that either:

(a) the number of pre-orders is so far short of 100 that they're being despatched early because all of you are getting signed copies; or

(b) anyone ordering one today (3rd) has no chance of being the lucky owner of a signed copy.

Or have I missed something?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:30 am 

Thanks Smudge....

Curious to know from where you ordered yours; I'm assuming not from BF.com, as the signed ones aren't due to be allocated before this Friday.

I ordered immediately from the BF.com, and received a confirmation of order next day from "Music Glue". MG sent a mail on 1st Dec that the book had been despatched.

It arrived yesterday by post, my wife thinks it is her Christmas present :-) maybe I should wrap it up again then :-)

Best wishes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:44 am 

Forgot to mention that the order was placed on 29th oct.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:32 pm 

That's interesting and disappointing in equal measures, StephenPep...

You'd have hoped that the first 100 buyers would have snagged the signed copies, rather than a random "lottery".

In any event, that "lottery" shouldn't have happened before tomorrow at the earliest, if all pre-orders before the 4th Dec release date are supposed to be eligible.

It suggests that point (b) in my previous post may indeed be the case, i.e. anyone waiting until today to pre-order (e.g. my money goes into my account on 3rd of every month) appears to have no chance of snagging a signed copy. :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:14 am 

Any further reactions to 'Avonmore SE'?

During the last week I had a fight with myself whether I should order it at jpc.de for 111 € - or not. But why? Just to complete my collection? Because it's a collector's item? I've got 'Avonmore' as a CD and I'm not into vinyl. 'Avonmore' is not a double layer CD/SACD, the videos are not on bluray but on dvd. No concert recordings and not a single outtake from the 'Avonmore' sessions. Well, the remixes and the book ...

Alternatively 150 € at BF's site with a 7 percent chance to get an autograph from BF (till yesterday?). As a die hard fan I feel a little bit like the milk cow of Bryan's team and that's disappointing. Hopefully they will spend their energy in the future in producing the long awaited Roxy deluxe editions ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next