VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: What Was Your First/Favourite Roxy Bryan Ferry Concert?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:04 am 

Zappa wrote:
I agree with Jerry Nunn regarding the 2001 reunion in Glasgow. I remember BF telling the fans to ignore the stewards and invited them to dance at the front.
However, for me, there was no better venue to see Roxy & other bands other than the legendary Glasgow Apollo, (to many memories for me to share). As BF once quoted "If I had to go to a Roxy gig, it would be at The Glasgow Apollo".

Cheers,
Zappa.

Thank you Zappa
I love that quote from Bryan!
Thinking like a fan :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:46 pm 

Let's see, I've now been to at least eighteen since the first one I attended at the Royal Albert Hall in April 2000. I was twenty one at the time, and although I'd been a fan since 1990 I some how missed the 'Mamouna' tour.
Since that first concert I've managed to get to every single tour since. That particular 'As Time Goes By' show was definitily a favourite as was the last Roxy Hammersmith show in 2001, another fine moment. I found the 'Frantic' tour a little too close the the Roxy reunion dates in the set list and personnel. It wasn't until the 'Dylanesque' and 'Olympia' tours where everything was shook up again. I enjoyed these tours immensely, but the last recent two which remain favourites was the Roxy 'For Your Pleasure' tour in London, 'An Evening With Bryan Ferry' at Shepherds Bush Empire and most recently at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:19 pm 

pianoman wrote:
My favorite Roxy concert was their reunion show in 2001 (Munich). Never reckoned they'd come back ... Although most of the songs had been played way too fast 8-) .

My favorite Ferry concert was the last one so far (Stuttgart 2015). Sat in front of Bryan and was happy to listen to 43 years of an exceptional career. Thank you!

Thank you pianoman! What a great memory there!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:22 pm 

LondonPubs wrote:
Let's see, I've now been to at least eighteen since the first one I attended at the Royal Albert Hall in April 2000. I was twenty one at the time, and although I'd been a fan since 1990 I some how missed the 'Mamouna' tour.
Since that first concert I've managed to get to every single tour since. That particular 'As Time Goes By' show was definitily a favourite as was the last Roxy Hammersmith show in 2001, another fine moment. I found the 'Frantic' tour a little too close the the Roxy reunion dates in the set list and personnel. It wasn't until the 'Dylanesque' and 'Olympia' tours where everything was shook up again. I enjoyed these tours immensely, but the last recent two which remain favourites was the Roxy 'For Your Pleasure' tour in London, 'An Evening With Bryan Ferry' at Shepherds Bush Empire and most recently at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.

Thank you LondonPubs,
An evening with BF sounds wonderful ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:39 am 
Site Owner

My first and 100th show were covered in this post just over 2 years ago.

http://vivaroxymusic.com/news.php?n=440

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:59 am 

Thank You John;
Envious!